Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JC Penney: American Living

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
A couple of days ago I bought some AL Classic Khakis for $25 (half-off sale). They look and feel good on me, and the construction seems to be solid. The waist doesn't fold under when worn with a belt, either, which is a big plus for me. Only complaint: The zipper's not long enough. Worth $50. No way! $25? Yeah, I'm satisfied...

Feraud

Bartender
Wore the jacket today for dog walking. The weather is around 28 degrees and windy. The jacket does a great job of stopping the wind and keeping me warm.
A great vintage looking jacket for the price.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Wore the jacket today for dog walking. The weather is around 28 degrees and windy. The jacket does a great job of stopping the wind and keeping me warm.
A great vintage looking jacket for the price.

28 degrees?!:eek: Man, you need to move to L.A.; it was in the upper 70s today:)...But, anyway, glad the jacket worked out for you, Feraud. Now get back to posting about neckties.lol

Feraud

Bartender
That is 28 degrees before you factor in the wind chill... then we are talking around 0! I love this weather. It gives me a chance to wear the heavy clothes. ;)
Speaking of ties.. did I show you the black tie with the embroidered peacock? It is an interesting one..

mike

Call Me a Cab
I agree, NYC winters are great for vintage heavy wool clothes. But this weekend has sure been rough! I was out walking the dog at 3 AM last night... quite cool I must say... :eek: lol

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
That is 28 degrees before you factor in the wind chill... then we are talking around 0! I love this weather. It gives me a chance to wear the heavy clothes. ;)
Speaking of ties.. did I show you the black tie with the embroidered peacock? It is an interesting one..

For us here, 60 degrees is an excuse to wear heavy clothes! No, I don't recall the "peacock" tie. Hopefully you will post it on the necktie strand. Oh, and...:eek:fftopic:

mike

Call Me a Cab
Widebrim said:
3 AM?!:eek: Well, that would certainly explain it being "quite cool.":rolleyes:

My dog had to go to the bathroom and wouldn't go to sleep until he did. But each time we went outside, he would remember just how cold it was and would want to go back in... repeat for several hours and that was my night. :eusa_doh: lol

I came up with this line on the subway and so decided to add it...

The Winchell can be doughNUTS!

Feraud

Bartender
At the flea market today I received two compliments on the plaid newsboy jacket. One dealer asked if it was a vintage piece and was surprised when I told him where I bought it.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Widebrim said:
That certainly says something for American Living. Now, does anyone know if it is true that the line is going to fold, so to speak? I hope not...

I don't mind if it folds, I'd just like to know if it will hold a crease? [huh]

But seriously, I saw Feraud's jacket in person and I'd say in regards to vintage-inspired modern items, it's definitely one of thee buys of the season! Who could argue with that price, paired with all the details and quality?!

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
I finally made a decision and wanted to order one and guess what.. JC Penny's doesn't offer the jacket anymore online :(

Are the newsboy-jackets still available in the stores? and if so, would any of you kind fellow-loungers buy one for me (I'll pay offcourse) and send it to Europe? My size is XL..

mattfink

Practically Family
djgo-cat-go said:
I finally made a decision and wanted to order one and guess what.. JC Penny's doesn't offer the jacket anymore online :(

Are the newsboy-jackets still available in the stores? and if so, would any of you kind fellow-loungers buy one for me (I'll pay offcourse) and send it to Europe? My size is XL..

I looked for one locally right after Christmas and couldn't find one in XL...friend of mine copped the last one in the area I think.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
djgo-cat-go said:

When I looked about three weeks ago, I saw a couple in that size. If I am able today, dcg, I will check it out for you.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
djgo-cat-go said:

Sorry, dcg. I checked at my local JCP, and there are no more...:(

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
mattfink said:
Nothing on the Penney's website that looks too interesting...

That was my assessment as well, but I was hoping my fellow loungers knew differently. It seems like a seersucker jacket or something would be a natural for this line, but I guess not.

maybe in the fall?

Probably so. I know I can’t wait to wear my plaid jacket, come cool weather.

-Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot