Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jean jacket

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
Here's a good one....

Does anyone make a 40's-50's style denim jacket, the kind with the single cinch in the center back? Better yet, do they make tall sizes (fat chance)?

kools

Practically Family
Hey Indy...I may be shopping again.

A couple of days ago I was looking at denim jackets & you came to mind. I may be talking with you soon.

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
I'm not so fat anymore. Down to a size Large/44/16-1/2. Chest measures about 45"....down from around 49! And, depending upon how the garment is sized, I can even wear a medium.

When I go to the store, I look through the jean jackets (Levi or Wrangler), and I can try them on and maybe I can find one that just happens to have sleeves that are longer than the rest. I've been wearing a standard Levi jacket that does have sleeves long enough...though I got it some time ago, and it is too large.

When I order a tall size jacket, they make the body of the garment WAAAY too long. I think a jacket should come to the bottom of the belt. A tall jean jacket I got recently comes down to my crotch!....of course, these days, the way the "kids" wear their clothes, their belt is at their crotch!

I need a regular body with extra long sleeves.

I like the kind of jacket that Jimmy Stuart wore in "Winchester '73"....the same kind of jacket that everyone else wore at the time. I don't know if I can get one for myself right now (just bought two hats and Christmas is coming...ugh), but I DO want one.

Indy, I'll email you later when I get home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy