Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeeves and Wooster

WH1

Practically Family
As noted by Feraud above, Hugh Laurie has long since moved on to other things and IMHO it's a credit to his skills as an actor that he can be so successful at both.[/QUOTE]

In addition Laurie is also a very good writer, I recently read a fiction he wrote several years ago, "The Gun Seller". A fairly good read I recommend it.

Stephen Fry is an accomplished author as well. I wonder if the two of them will collaborate on anything again in the future.

bil_maxx

One of the Regulars
This was and always will be one of the greatest pairings in Hollywood history.

What a wonderful series!

Sam

Agreed. I can totally relate to laughing to myself when I am reading them regardless of how many times I have read the stories. Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie just fit the roles perfectly. When I read them, I actually picture those 2 talking.

Interesting trivia: Laurie and Fry are so tall that casting directors generally hire tall actors to work with them or they would tower over everyone else.

[video=youtube;ge5p-PJ80SE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge5p-PJ80SE[/video]

And this is too, too thrilling!

[video=youtube;Tk6oKTVa3J4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk6oKTVa3J4&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

Rathdown

Practically Family
Dear Mrs. Chaddsley-Corbett,

Thank you ever so much for sharing the musical assemblage which you so thoughtfully posted (above). It has provided me with literally minutes of amusement on what would have been another-wise quiet New Years Eve day.

With all good wishes for the New Year,

Most appreciatively yours,

Scott Rathdown

Warden

One Too Many
Perfect, they are the definitive J&W even if Mr Fry was a little young to play the part of Mr Jeeves

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I watched this when it originally aired on PBS here in the States - I believe Masterpiece Theater - many years ago. Now I'm rediscovering it and loving every minute of it!

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I do remember reading that people thought Fry was too young for Jeeves, but I seriously think, with his voice, and his delivery, and above all, his MASTERY of the English Language, only...and ONLY...he could do it properly.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Both actors are great for the roles.
My sons even enjoy it.
I wish the intros that Fry did for Masterpiece Theatre were on the Jeeves and Wooster DVDs.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

P.S. I listened to part of an audio book recently in which the reader kept pronouncing the author's name phonetically instead of as WOODhouse plus the female voices were reminiscent of the boys in Monty Python.

Chaps

One of the Regulars
My best friend introduced my wife and I to J&W about 4 years ago. We immediately fell in love with the show. When I was laid up from an accident 3 years ago, my friend brought the boxed set over for me to enjoy. I still have it:)Its ok, he said I could keep it as long as I want. I am thankful for that. Been on vacation (or stay-cation as they say) and just finished the first season again night before last and looking forward to starting the second.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Never heard of this until now. Is the younger chap the same guy that played Dick Winters in "Band of Brothers"? Or am I on drugs?

Worf

No, it's Hugh Laurie who plays Dr. House on the t.v. series, House. He was also the dad in Stewart Little.

The actor who plays Dick Winters in Band of Brothers is Damian Lewis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner