Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JJ Hat Center & Pork Pie Hatters NYC

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
The Kosciuszko bridge, named for Andrzej Tadeusz Bonawentura Kościuszko, a Polish and American revolutionary war hero, is in New Jersey.

Kosciuszko is approximately properly pronounced as Kos-tsyoo-shko, however, in the Northern New Jersey/New York City area most people pronounce it as Kas-kee-yoos-ko.

it's not in NJ my man .. it connects Brooklyn and Queens and is part of the BQE..

JackieMatra

A-List Customer
it's not in NJ my man .. it connects Brooklyn and Queens and is part of the BQE..

So there is, across mighty Newton creek, that I have never traversed, however, there certainly was also a Kosciuszko bridge in northern New Jersey, that had been there for, at least, the best part of a century, that I have crossed, and that was still there the last time that I visited the Garden state.

There can hardly be too many Kosciuszko bridges to cross.
I would hope that there are more in Poland.

Last edited:

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Is there are Bridge between Jersey and NYC that's NOT Busy at anytime ? ... I always would have loved to pay to get out , but hated paying to get in ... NYC , that is . What a nightmare ! Remember the Big Power Outage ?! I was there , I think it hit Jersey , too , I got waved threw ... I think going into PA , then blew a tire . It was like escaping .

tommyK

One Too Many
1010 WINS

Exactly

Is there are Bridge between Jersey and NYC that's NOT Busy at anytime ? ... I always would have loved to pay to get out , but hated paying to get in ... NYC , that is . What a nightmare ! Remember the Big Power Outage ?! I was there , I think it hit Jersey , too , I got waved threw ... I think going into PA , then blew a tire . It was like escaping .

Weekend mornings are usually not too bad, early afternoon weekdays can sometimes be good, traffic wise.

The Big Power Outage had me walking home from midtown 130 blocks up to the GWB and across to Jersey. Wouldn't have been a bad walk if it wasn't 90+ degrees.
911 we were trapped in town till about 8:00 pm when they started running the trains (which is why I decided to walk out the Big Power Outage nearly a year later)

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Man was that Crazy or what !? There are places I wouldn't want to be with a Blackout , several are in NYC (Queens , and others in certain parts) , but it seemed they held it together well as I recall , 9 months later a large increase in childbirths ! haha ! No TV , no AC ... , hey , hey , hey ! We've gotta do something .

I can't imagine hoofing it all the way from Mid-town to Jersey , Tommy , you need a merit badge , and I bet you could get a hiking patch for that one (if you were in the BSA) . Whoa !

Last edited:
Reactions: RJR

AndyR

One of the Regulars
Wow, that 'is' a lot. Great sale. Unfortunately, due to big car expenses, I'm not in the market for anything right now, but I'll keep looking over their site during the sale, just in case. ;-) Thanks for posting.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've seen a couple of their straws that go for around $150.00 on various other websites for less than $100.00. The Capas "Bogart," for instance, I got from HollandHats.com for about $75.00. It's also the same hat that Panama Bob was selling for less than $50.00. The 30% probably represents the extremely high cost of maintaining a brick-and-mortar in Manhattan. Still, there are a couple of straws there that might be good deals if your size is in stock.

Ken David

One of the Regulars
I came across this old thread. I am heading to NYC tomorrow morning, driving up from NC and staying in a hotel in NJ. Taking my wife to NYC for her first time (I grew up on Long Island many years ago) and have been living in PA and NC for the past years. Anyway it is her 40th birthday and taking her to her first broadway musical (been a dream of her's) and going to squeeze in some of the sights before heading back on Friday. I was wondering if anyone still recommends visiting any of these hat shops? With ebay, the FL classifieds, etsy, custom hatters, hatco outlet and online websites is it worth taking the time to stop by? My guess the experience would be fun but as far as actually finding and purchasing a hat probably not?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael