Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnny depp unfinished raw natural leather jacket from crock of gold.

Unfinished

New in Town
This one is cool, but not the same:
View attachment 521075
Described as “buckskin bomber by Jerry’s”

The one Depp is wearing has a 2-way zipper, so it might not be very old. Keep in mind the photo is 2020.
Jesus Christ. That is cool. Good find. Very close and that buckskin looks to be a match eh. Longer pointier collars damnit but they do have a very cool natural turn up at the ends.
Yeah the 2-way zipper might mean it’s newer than it looks.
Or! It’s an old jacket that’s just been cut apart and tailored adding the 2way and that’s why those button loops are still hangin there ~ ?
There’s also a bit of a sunburst like detail on the back as well

Last edited:
Patch pockets and some odd painting on the back, but this one is by Gladhand:
C4983410-BA9C-4471-8578-C860819F9B8D.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195783641765

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pretty sure it is the Belstaff JD Blouson he wore for Public Enemies. https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/belstaff-jd-blouson-leather-jacket-1692910132
This jacket is very similar, but I don't think it's this one. His doesn't have a knit collar (maybe removable) and if you look for pictures of the Belstaff, the back looks different too. It's not a half belt. It also lacks the Belstaff logo on the sleeve.
The leather also looks different.

https://fashion.aucfan.com/yahoo/195045846/

doug5551

New in Town
I'm a total noob.

I really love the raw leather.

What would be a more accessible alternative either new or used.

Thanks for any suggestions or hints!!

doug5551

New in Town
I am in Los Angeles and Mr Freedom is actually very local to me.

Will stop by when I do a store hop field trip!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
wow the 2009 version is so much better than the current version in all aspect from patterning to material, the shoulder and collar band is totally different pattern, and the mall-ish wrinkling on the shoulder looks so cheap, great job belstaff lol

Unfinished

New in Town
wow the 2009 version is so much better than the current version in all aspect from patterning to material, the shoulder and collar band is totally different pattern, and the mall-ish wrinkling on the shoulder looks so cheap, great job belstaff lol
Hahaha yeah it’s pretty disappointing isn’t it. Why would anyone want a brand label on the shoulder of their leather jacket anyway?

Unfinished

New in Town
You guys done well hunting those down like that. It’s a bit disappointing the depp version is not available. No half-belt or sunburst detail. Depp’s looks unlined as well. Looks lighter in many pictures even new pictures somehow. Could be just the lighting of course.
Found a black version on eBay that looks good. Size Large though.

Any idea what the name of this sort of collar would be called? Seems perfect to me. Not a cafe racer. Not a shawl. Hmm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1157178442...4HF4dp9S0C&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Last edited:

Unfinished

New in Town
Actually the more I look at the older pics and newer pics, it looks as though it was restored or had some sort of deep wash somehow cos it’s definitely lighter and almost bleached looking in some newer pics like the ones I first posted.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
changed a bit
Somewhat changed is very carefully put ;)
For me, these are two different jackets.
The back is completely different, the leather is different and also the front seems to be different at least from the lines.
Depp's jacket looks vintage, the Belstaff looks like a fashion jacket.

Unfinished

New in Town
Somewhat changed is very carefully put ;)
For me, these are two different jackets.
The back is completely different, the leather is different and also the front seems to be different at least from the lines.
Depp's jacket looks vintage, the Belstaff looks like a fashion jacket.
Totally agree

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider