Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leathers M200 remake

Psant25

One Too Many
Hi all,

Just received my Johnson Leathers M-200 custom in 3.5 oz brown cowhide yesterday. Pretty close to stock just added back length and taper of sleeve from bicep down 1 inches. also has cotton and nylon lining. I was not anticipating the added front length and it is just too long! falls more at hips I am waiting to hear back to see about a remake or trade for something he has in stock possibly. The zipper goes pretty much to the bottom and sitting and being an already slim model I don't think it is going to work.

Has anyone had any experience with JL doing a remake for them by chance. I've heard other companies have done for some members here ie someone said langlitz did for them. I have a Vanson Model B size 40 that has a measured front length of 22 in that fits spot on. This JL front length is 24 inches. I don't think it will "shorten" as some of the aero CXL leather jacket i've had with deep creasing as this is soft naked cowhide. Any thoughts ?

thanks in advance! I suppose is someone is interested in just purchasing this jacket new for a little less than I paid i would do it. I paid 806 shipped. size 42 p2p is 22.5, shoulder 19, sleeve 26, back 26.

Some fit pics would be very helpful! Alan is a delight to work with. I sent him my jacket to have the sleeves trimmed and a fur collar added. He was more than happy to oblige and charged me nothing for the sleeve work.

Psant25

One Too Many
Some fit pics would be very helpful! Alan is a delight to work with. I sent him my jacket to have the sleeves trimmed and a fur collar added. He was more than happy to oblige and charged me nothing for the sleeve work.
still trying to figure out posting pics ..

still trying to figure out posting pics ..
Just load them from your phone under the "upload a file" tab. Keep them under 1 GB.
IMG_8981.PNG

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
I don't have any experience with JL, but coincidentally am going to be in San francisco for a few hours today and hoping to stop in there. It seems like they are willing to do a fair amount of custom fitting and i'm interested in an in person try on to avoid the same pitfalls. Good luck with yours. Looks like a nice jacket, but too big for me.

Reactions: MET

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
There are like 10 spots i want to got to, including S&S and self edge. However, it's a family trip, not a me trip. We're in the redwoods now and driving down to san francisco for the night before flying home to chicago in the morning. Hotel is .8 miles from johnsons acc to google. I may use the "i'm gonna step out for a coffee" and "hey whats this" stop in johnsons.

Psant25

One Too Many
otherwise fit is great for what i wanted. a little room to layer living here in WI and sleeve length is good for what I want. Just about 3 inches past the bottom edge of my belt. zipped and with a layer it comes up a bit but I fear still too long.

Psant25

One Too Many
well for anyone interested. I'm sure this is not always the case, my jacket was close to stock just long, Alan is going to do a remake for me same spec just shorter and ship out in about 2 weeks.... wow.... i'm impressed. he will be getting another order from me very soon.

Psant25

One Too Many
Amazing. I really need to come up with a jacket idea and let them run with it.
I think my next is a modified M200. deleting the chest pocket, adding a 1.5 inch band along the front bottom, and adding a V yolk to the upper back going for a center zip style CHP look in their black 3.5 oz that they use for their police jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland