Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jurassic World Chris Pratt Outwear

MissJilliss2Thrill

New in Town
How much do you want for the watch? I'll give you $200 for it.
Can you go back and get the painting of Jesus?

From reading this thread I gather that the watch is probably worth waaay more than $200. Depending on what kind of Seamaster it is, this could go into the thousands, or tens of thousands..

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Pricing the watch is a moot point until it's properly assessed. Is it genuine, is it badly broken, is there a movement inside, is it a Frankenwatch, etc, etc.?? I think it's very unlikely that it's worth more than a few hundred bucks.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Can you please post a pic of the watch? I happen to collect watches and even though Omegas are not my specialty, I might be able to identify it.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Pricing the watch is a moot point until it's properly assessed. Is it genuine, is it badly broken, is there a movement inside, is it a Frankenwatch, etc, etc.?? I think it's very unlikely that it's worth more than a few hundred bucks.

You're absolutely right Seb.
I was joking about the $200, but since MissJilliss2Thrill brings up the *actual* values of the watch, before I'd honestly pay a dime for it, I'd need to know it was genuine, and not *made in China* (if you get my meaning). Sure, it could be a $10K watch after it's had $9K of restoration.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I figured you were joking, J. I haven't seen old stainless Seamasters in good working condition go for all that much money, maybe a grand or two at the most.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I figured you were joking, J. I haven't seen old stainless Seamasters in good working condition go for all that much money, maybe a grand or two at the most.

For sure, but you know what I was just thinking? There must be a few vintage watch collectors on a Lounge thread somewhere, and with enough pics, they might be persuaded to pay a fair price.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Omega will probably take something between 600 and 1000 Dollars for revision of the clockwork and minor cosmetic work up of the outer parts such as polish and maybe a new crystal which any potential buyer should keep in mind when doing the maths.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Never mind the watch! (@_@)

I wanna know more about this alleged painting of Jesus Christ!

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Considering the last regular service of my 10 year old omega seamaster cost me AUD$800. In guessing bringing an old one back to life will cost a bit more....

How much do you want for the watch? I'll give you $200 for it.
Can you go back and get the painting of Jesus?

$200!? Jackpot! But come on, man, you got to at least let me cover the shipping!

Unfortunately, I dare not touch that painting of our Lord and Savior for many reasons, one of which Navetsea pointed out. Don't want to mess with these things. I mean, why would they take everything away and just leave the painting? No way, man.

lol as for the actual value of the watch... I haven't the slightest. The watch repair fellow said it's definitely a genuine Omega, one that probably hasn't seen any repairs or service since it was bought, which is the reason why it has stopped. He valued it at a few thousand dollars, but that's once the watch has been thoroughly revised. Glass cover... thing needs replacement (said to be mineral or something) and the... thing that holds the glass as well. Everything else is okay. Just getting the thing to start again is around $400, and to have it fully restored would cost me around a grand, just like Jacketjunkie and Seb Lucas said.

So I'm stuck. I've neither the money to restore it, nor can I sell it in a state it's in. Best I return it. And take the painting of Jesus instead. See if I'd have more luck with it. Though I don't think it's even an actual painting. Looks more like a print.

I probably wouldn't wear it. Not long ago, someone here said watches are man jewelry...

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I return it. And take the painting of Jesus instead. See if I'd have more luck with it. Though I don't think it's even an actual painting. Looks more like a print.

I probably wouldn't wear it. Not long ago, someone here said watches are man jewelry...

I agree with everything you said there. Just pm me the place once you have returned it or optionally I can also offer you a self-drawn Jesus picture for the watch.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Hmm...I think the best course of action is to not develop a complimentary addiction to the one you already have with jackets. lol

Big J

Call Me a Cab
$200!? Jackpot! But come on, man, you got to at least let me cover the shipping!

Unfortunately, I dare not touch that painting of our Lord and Savior for many reasons, one of which Navetsea pointed out. Don't want to mess with these things. I mean, why would they take everything away and just leave the painting? No way, man.

lol as for the actual value of the watch... I haven't the slightest. The watch repair fellow said it's definitely a genuine Omega, one that probably hasn't seen any repairs or service since it was bought, which is the reason why it has stopped. He valued it at a few thousand dollars, but that's once the watch has been thoroughly revised. Glass cover... thing needs replacement (said to be mineral or something) and the... thing that holds the glass as well. Everything else is okay. Just getting the thing to start again is around $400, and to have it fully restored would cost me around a grand, just like Jacketjunkie and Seb Lucas said.

So I'm stuck. I've neither the money to restore it, nor can I sell it in a state it's in. Best I return it. And take the painting of Jesus instead. See if I'd have more luck with it. Though I don't think it's even an actual painting. Looks more like a print.

Well, if you're thinking about selling it, PM me. I wouldn't mind restoring a vintage Omega.

ProteinNerd

There would definitely be a market for a used non functioning omega, just put up a search on eBay to get an idea how much they go for.

tropicalbob

I'm still trying to picture someone squatting in an abandoned building and trying to crack nuts with an Omega watch, all the while being watched by Our Lord. There's a novel here, I can feel it. What's the watch worth? Priceless!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy