Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jurassic World Chris Pratt Outwear

prestonbradys

New in Town
Hi guys, i am here to get and give some suggestions about Chris Pratt Vest from Jurassic World movie, i have Jurassic World Vest, i ordered it at famous-jackets.co.uk 7 days ago and today i got my parcel, it is made of pure leather, some pockets and a belt at beck side, so i want to know that which vest he is wearing in the movie is that also in real leather or not? please give me some suggestions and don't spam...

What ProteinNerd said.

That Scrambler scene was super lame, by the way. Of all the motorcycles in the world to ride through the jungle... It was the newest Scrambler, though, so it's just advertising. I guess hipsters are still into 'freedom machines'. lol

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
What ProteinNerd said.

That Scrambler scene was super lame, by the way. Of all the motorcycles in the world to ride through the jungle... It was the newest Scrambler, though, so it's just advertising. I guess hipsters are still into 'freedom machines'. lol

A lot of the vehicles in these movies were advertising. They did the same thing with the brand new Mercedes M-Class in the 1997 sequel - and I remember the VHS had a Mercedes commercial featuring Marlene Dietrich "Falling In Love Again".

morrison2951

Practically Family
Kind of like the Omega Seamaster watches worn by Bond, James Bond all these years. Product placement in the movies is big business.

Bond wears Omega Seamaster? I just found one in an condemned old building, few days ago. It was a bit beaten up and it didn't work but I still thought it's a cool looking watch so today I took it to the watch repair shop, figured I'd give it a try now that I finally got one that looks decent. I knew something was wrong when the guy started asking me questions like where did I find this watch and when. Somehow he automatically assumed it's not mine. Turns out just this most simple repair would cost me half a new Schott jacket. Watch itself apparently costs more than I wish to say here.

As I was leaving the shop, the guy just told me to "take good care of this watch..." in a very sad tone of voice. I promised I would.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Bond wears Omega Seamaster? I just found one in an condemned old building, few days ago. It was a bit beaten up and it didn't work but I still thought it's a cool looking watch so today I took it to the watch repair shop, figured I'd give it a try now that I finally got one that looks decent. I knew something was wrong when the guy started asking me questions like where did I find this watch and when. Somehow he automatically assumed it's not mine. Turns out just this most simple repair would cost me half a new Schott jacket. Watch itself apparently costs more than I wish to say here.

As I was leaving the shop, the guy just told me to "take good care of this watch..." in a very sad tone of voice. I promised I would.

And now you have your new jacket money. :)

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up

Relax - Bond wears one of the newer, vulgar Seamasters. Sounds like you may have found a tasteful classic. Pictures?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
what is a condemned old building? abandoned building with people died in it? I don't want to be near that :eeek: place must be haunted

lol I'll take some pictures of it if you guys are interested, but it's basically like this...

k3158_2.jpg

...except that it's a much older watch, from what I understood. It has also got dates and the back of the case, middle of the belt and the... round thing that holds the... glass appears to be slightly gold-ish in colour. It's definitely shinier than the rest of the watch, which appears almost mate in comparison. I apologize, my timepiece terminology stinks.

Navetsea, condemned building is a usually vacant building that's been deemed not safe to be inhabitable. Such buildings are supposed to be pulled down, but here they just leave them standing for years. There's really nothing inside them anymore, if there are no homeless people nearby that is, but they're still fun to explore. That's how I found the watch... There weren't any other things, just some junk and a this watch. But it's really banged up, like someone was cracking nuts with it (which makes sense how heavy the thing is) so whoever discarded it must've figured out it's of no value at all. There was also a huge painting of Jesus Christ hanging on the wall on another floor.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
:eek: sorry my building terminology also sucks lol...
we have some here too especially after some riot back in late 90's lots of them are still standing charred, lots of people did die in it... near my neighborhood there is this old house abandoned for years, now huge tree grows though it's roof.

Great find Monitor! glad it's now functional again, I only wear Seiko quartz with battery, but even that one time the battery leaked and it was not cheap to replace all the circuit board , in proportion it was almost the same money I spent on a leather jacket here in my country.:eusa_doh: dunno why I bothered to fix it or even still wear a wrist watch while I have clock, calendar, alarm, conveniently on my mobile.

Last edited:
lol it's not functional! I don't have the money to fix it. Watch repair person - what do you call this profession, horologist? - told me I'd have to wait for 5 weeks for the watch to get fixed... Although there's nothing wrong with it, he said, just that these watches require maintenance every so often and this one's been without any for decades. I'm still thinking it over... I wish I knew who lived in that apartment before, perhaps I could find them and give them their watch back, but the building has been abandoned for decades, even before the war... Don't think I could find any record of the previous tenants. Maybe a homeless person left it there? Odd...

Mark

Practically Family
Sounds like you've stumbled on a real find. Would it not be worth considering the investment to get running again? You could sell it or even wear it. Personally I would love a Seamaster but way out of reach. Good luck with that.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Last year I broke the tiny little crocodile strip on my Longines that my wife gave me ten years ago. When I took it to an expensive watch/jewelry store and showed it to the salespeople, I swear they started backing away like it and I were radioactive. They all had their hands up and were saying, "Take it to a dealer!" Then, the dealer wanted $500 for a whole new strap. Fixed it myself.

tropicalbob

Why don't you just put it up on ebay, after doing a little research? BTW, William Gibson, in his book "Distrust that Particular Flavor", has a really funny and accurate essay on ebay vintage watch trading. The world of luxury objects is a very strange one.

Mark and tropicalbob, listing it on eBay is what I'll probably do... Just have to figure out if it's more worth getting it repaired or just selling it as it is. If I wasn't this sort on cash at the moment, I'd definitely consider keeping it but it's just the sort of luxury I cannot afford right now. Besides, someone who's into these watches will most likely appreciate it much more than I ever would.

I'm curious, what's the essay about, tb?

tropicalbob

It's about how he got addicted to vintage watch trading on ebay. It got so bad he was setting his alarm every few hours to check on his bids, his family were giving him odd looks, etc. I'm surprised it hasn't become a Fedora Lounge classic. The book's a good introduction to his work, which (IMHO) is really fine.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Mark and tropicalbob, listing it on eBay is what I'll probably do... Just have to figure out if it's more worth getting it repaired or just selling it as it is. If I wasn't this sort on cash at the moment, I'd definitely consider keeping it but it's just the sort of luxury I cannot afford right now. Besides, someone who's into these watches will most likely appreciate it much more than I ever would.

I'm curious, what's the essay about, tb?

How much do you want for the watch? I'll give you $200 for it.
Can you go back and get the painting of Jesus?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot