Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just won this on ebay, thoughts please?

vespasian

One of the Regulars
I couldnt help it, I had to do it, sort of like finding a chocolate bar in the fridge that no-one knows about and thinking, "if I eat it nobody will know." Of course someone will know when the box turns up at the front door and the postman says, "hello mrs wifey, your husbands done it again."

And yet for £12.50 including postage how could I be expected not to buy this? Oh yes that would be about 20 dollars. AAAARRRRGH. I have become like a woman, "its shiny therefore I must own it" You can see the torture I am going through. Why did no-one warn me, one hat becomes two hats becomes many.

Anyway, its a Locke and Co snap brim trilby, suposedly in brown though it looks kind of grey to me. Have I done a bad thing? What kind of outfit do I really think Im going to wear with this? People of the World, I stand before you. Judge me for I am weak.

trilby.jpg

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Looks pretty stylish to me. I'd say that if it's a felt (not wool) and you bought it for the equivalent of $20 US plus shipping, you did just fine!!

I'd enjoy it!

MattC

A-List Customer
Looks to me like a classic

Narrow brim 60s or 70s hat. A really hefty guy will have a hard time looking good in a narrow brim, but for thin to medium guys, it can be a great look (very hip these days as well). Locke is still in business. They were a very fine hatter once. So I would say you got a fine deal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart