Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies, What kind of vintage car would you love to cruise in?

BoPeep

Practically Family
CherryWry said:
My uncle made this. We call it the Danger Bucket. :)

DSCN0844.jpg

Cherry- this looks like a blast! Seeing the little project that your uncle has tucked in the garage . . . he's not done yet! My husband is building something similar, totally from scratch. He's a mechanical engineer by day, mad fabricator by night! lol But as I've posted on various threads before, his daily driver is a 1950 Chevy. Bought while we were dating, tattooed on his arm, and never to be sold. Personally I like the early 50s vintage with lots of chrome.

IMG_2577.jpg

BoPeep

Practically Family
Miss Vixen said:

Very nice, Miss Vixen. Beautiful baby, you have there. And thanks for posting the photo of your father's ride. I love seeing the vintage hot rods. Guys in the 40s and 50s took the 20 yr old cars (that no one wanted), dropped in bigger engines, striped on a few flames, and away they went! They were the original hotrodders in hopped up Tin Lizzys!

OldSoul

Familiar Face
Miss Vixen said:
Here is my fathers car... My grandpa bought it for him when he was 15 years ol... YES he still has it and wont
let ANYONE touch it! :)
Dadscar002-1.jpg

Here he is behind the wheel..getting ready to go Cruisin'
29197_1362910485626_1617515103_882679_4637148_n.jpg

Ok, I know I'm not supposed to be in here [huh] but THAT is truly awesome. As a person who believes traditional hotrods and customs are a religion, please THANK HIM for keeping history alive!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
OldSoul said:
Ok, I know I'm not supposed to be in here [huh] but THAT is truly awesome. As a person who believes traditional hotrods and customs are a religion, please THANK HIM for keeping history alive!

I think one can post wherever they like in the lounge. And hello fellow Canadian!

Rocketblast

One of the Regulars
I would love to drive any of these beauties, rather than my... *whispers* Peugeot 106. :eek:
Particularly drawn to the Buick Roadmaster.
I definitely need one of those fabulous teardrop trailers.

What is this wonderful looking vehicle?
vintage_american_car_stock-photography.jpg

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Black Dahlia said:
I love Austin Cambridges (my family had a few over the years). And I adore Nash Metropolitans. ;) Guess I like my cars boxy/roundy and two toned.

Metropolitans are one of my favorites too. I prefer smaller cars, so I always joke that they're one of the only '50s cars I would ever be able to drive. There's an absolute dream of a pink and white one at a classic car place around me; it's probably a good thing that it's way out of my price range, otherwise I might get tempted!

FountainPenGirl

One of the Regulars
Hi, just wanted to jump in here. This is the car that I learned how to drive a manual transmission in. I think I was about 14 at the time. In years since I've driven the car many miles and we still have it yet. I still enjoy it very much. If I could use the way-back machine and go back to 1938, I'd even buy a new one.

38chryslera.jpg

1938 Chrysler Royal Business Coupe

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
This was my dream car for many years

I have owned it for 5 years now. It still needs body work but the 305 in it is a workhorse and super reliable all out others seem to need more engine work than my 59 Chevy Brookwood (knock knock on wood)

August2010001.jpg

I also like a ton of other cars I had a 37 chevy in my garage for a few years loved it but it stayed in the garage for a reason and I decided that I would rather have a more reliable runner.

BoPeep

Practically Family
Very nice wagon! I've always had a soft spot for the '59s and those crazy bent over fins. They just got bigger and BIGGER and then simply couldn't hold up under their own weight! lol A little work on those rockers and you're set!

laylers

New in Town
I am obsessed with Lincolns.
This is a 1954 Capri. It has such lovely, full curves.
images

This a 1965 Continental, with suicide doors. It just looks so boss to me.
mufp_0703_38_z_w%2Bcars_from_SEMA_2006%2B1965_lincoln_convertible_with_suicide_doors.jpg

SharpSarcasm

New in Town
I, personally, am in love with the 1948 Hudson Super 6 Sedan. Preferably in metallic baby blue or a nice deep teal. I actually am planning on buying one of these to fix up.

1948HudsonSuper6SedanSide.jpg

Though the 1929 Jaguar in hunter green is gorgeous, too.

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
Well, Girls, car show season is just around the corner (if you're living in the Midwest, that is) . . . had to kick things off with my new purchase! So excited to finally have one of my own (after 16 years of watching/helping my hubby work on his). Anyone have new wheels to show off?

More here at http://willowhomestead.blogspot.com/2011/03/shoebox-in-my-barn.html

mineFL.jpg

Practically drooling, BoPeep! I know next to nothing about cars but I sure do love looking at the oldies in all their classic beauty! Love your plans for paint and interior too! (Psssttt... my vote is for floral.)

rue

Fantastic ride BoPeep :D Does he/she have a name?

But I'd love to actually own a 1947 Chevy pick-up. I have to have a vehicle that I can tote around all my fixer-up furniture in! :)

1947-1955-chevrolet-trucks-1947-1.jpg

That has been my dream truck forever, but I came across my Henry (a 51 Chevy) and fell in love, so I brought him home:
IMG_8541-1.jpg

I just had some work done on him, but he's still got a way to go until he looks more like the 47 Chevy above.

BoPeep

Practically Family
My Ford doesn't have a name yet. Need to spend some time with her (I'm sure it's a girl!). Rue, i love the truck. What an aggressive front end! Will you repaint Henry?

rue

My Ford doesn't have a name yet. Need to spend some time with her (I'm sure it's a girl!). Rue, i love the truck. What an aggressive front end! Will you repaint Henry?

Oh I understand. Kind of like a new puppy lol She's wonderful :)
Oh thanks. He's my baby even with his ticks. The door knob fell off yesterday and the door swung open, but I just put it back on and kept driving lol
I want to paint him about the same green as the 47. I'm pretty sure that's an original color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21