Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies, What kind of vintage car would you love to cruise in?

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Lillemor said:
I have an unhealthy obsession with early 50s Studebakers just for the comic appeal:

The "Loner" in the Mask that fell apart on the bridge was a Studebaker lol That scene makes me giggle uncontrollably.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Want a Buick Roadmaster, I think. It was only a question of model/year - I know I love that big grinning Buick grille, and the portholes, and all that jazz.

Oh, and I need it in yellow.

buickroadmaster1949800x.jpg

I think if I'm going all out girly, though, I need special upholstery. So the question is... florals, or fruit? lol Sort of a reverse "pimp my ride" - Chintz My Ride.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Oh gosh, I'm easy to please. Any ol' vehicle will do provided this is hitched to it. I love teardrop trailers and I've never been camping a day in my life!
Can't you just see yourself in a 49er jacket cruising along????

sundance-teardrop-trailer-1.jpg

rollinoak_1.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
23SkidooWithYou said:
Oh gosh, I'm easy to please. Any ol' vehicle will do provided this is hitched to it. I love teardrop trailers and I've never been camping a day in my life!
Can't you just see yourself in a 49er jacket cruising along????

sundance-teardrop-trailer-1.jpg

rollinoak_1.jpg

MaryJane's farm fan? (if you have no idea what I am saying....erm nevermind) hhehe

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
MaryJane's farm fan? (if you have no idea what I am saying....erm nevermind) hhehe

Not a clue. However, this is not surprising. I tend to miss the obvious.
Back in college, I made some boo boo and my pals asked if I was born blonde. I didn't grow up with that sort of banter, so my response was, "I don't understand. What do you mean?" They were rolling on the floor with laughter at the irony. (oh, and I'm brunette)

I will look this up and if I can't find the reference, expect a PM, Missy (using my Mom tone). lol

EDIT: LMBO Found it. Nope, not a fan but I do think chickens are kinda cute. I guess I should add that if ever I own a teardrop, it will have to be within range of a hotel with AC and a full bath. So, resounding NO on the fan issue.

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
For me it would have to be a green MG TC. :) I just love any MG from the 30's or 40's. But I guess I'm biased as my dad has always had MG's and I grew up around them.

Brooksie

One Too Many
I am with Lillemor - I like the Studebaker but for me it is not just any ol' Studebaker it is the 1950's Starlight Coupe. I actually saw a beautiful black one wizzing through downtown Portland about 6 weeks ago now and I thought wow what is that car, cause I gotta have one someday. It is funny that I like it because I am very much an Art Deco kind of gal when it comes to esthetics, clothes, and architecture & such but when I first saw it I thought this little beauty has a very streamlined almost Art Deco/futuristic kind of a look/feel to it at least IMO...

50_Studebaker_Starlite_Coupe_DV-06-.jpg

Brooksie

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Just for you British sports car fans, here's the 1962 Sunbeam Alpine:

P1010036_2.jpg

A guy I knew in high school had one of these, and took me for a ride -- all was well until the oil pressure gague suddenly dropped to zero. We looked behind to see a trail of steaming Quaker State running back at least a mile -- evidently a seal had blown out somewhere. We had to push the car all the way back to his house.

And that was the last time I ever "went for a ride."

analiebe

A-List Customer
although i adore a beautiful 30s or 40s vehicle the 1921 vauxhall velox tourer has me dreaming of long winding country roads and picnics with much champagne involved...

1921-vauxhall-30-98-e-type-velox-tourer1.jpg

this little baby came up at auction in sydney a few months ago...

1921-vauxhall-30-98-e-type-velox-tourercurrent.jpg

1921-vauxhall-30-98-e-type-velox-tourercurrentinterior01.jpg

julia

New in Town
Hst1939_1z.jpg

Because I would most defiantly need automatic transmission as I am new to driving and can barely park a modern small car. I saw one in person with flower holders on the inside. It was too cute! I want it in bottle green or whatever color Santa thinks is best. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy