Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lawless Denim

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think Simon's working up new projects at the moment - Irish linen trousers and gang jackets are two, plus, I'm hoping, an Ulster coat of sorts. I've been really impressed with the collegiate nature of his work on the forum the amount of knowledge being shared - it's very broad. Also, MajorMajor is there! :D
To take it back to the thread, I can see that Lawless are working hard to keep people on side over on the Gustin Friends boards, and I've got to say that when ever I've contacted them on the website direct chat, it's been Roman himself and he's never anything other than helpful, honest and friendly.

Last edited:

wdw

One Too Many
Sloan, unless something's happened in the last 10 minutes LD have run for cover on that forum for weeks now, keeping well away from the increasing discontent showing there.

And people are now pointing out that you can't make a CC charge back after 6 months, so some are getting twitchy about receiving anything.

As for what you said about SJC's new projects, I don't actually know what any of that means, but I assume it's vintage workwear type stuff. Sounds like he's worth checking out, anyway.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Sloan, unless something's happened in the last 10 minutes LD have run for cover on that forum for weeks now, keeping well away from the increasing discontent showing there.

It was last month, so things may well have changed. Having looked at the Boards today, I'm not surprised they're staying away.

And people are now pointing out that you can't make a CC charge back after 6 months, so some are getting twitchy about receiving anything.

I can imagine!

As for what you said about SJC's new projects, I don't actually know what any of that means, but I assume it's vintage workwear type stuff. Sounds like he's worth checking out, anyway.

It is, and he is. :D

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I got three mails of items in the sewing room for the order placed Nov. 3

Its been a long wait but Im still stoked about my shirts with custom length bc all shirts everywhere is too long for me. Also got some 18oz in there and I will be happy to not have to chainstitchmyself, so Im waiting and hoping the order is fine.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I got three mails of items in the sewing room for the order placed Nov. 3

Its been a long wait but Im still stoked about my shirts with custom length bc all shirts everywhere is too long for me. Also got some 18oz in there and I will be happy to not have to chainstitchmyself, so Im waiting and hoping the order is fine.

Good stuff. I have 2 shirts and a pair of jeans. I just needed to change the size. Hopefully it all works out.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The buffeting Lawless is taking on the Gustin Friends Proboard is pretty much relentless, and understandable too. I'm in the same position as Griff: ordered a pair of 18oz Ks jeans on November 3, and have since watched in disbelief as the company continued to push sale after sale while offering endless mods.
It's almost become a scientific experiment: exactly how long am I willing to wait for something to be delivered, how patient am I? :D
Admittedly, I received my 'in sewing room' email yesterday, though I don't know what that really means, but it genuinely made me laugh. For some reason, I have images of some flowery parlor with Roman and co hunched over teetering piles of denim, desperately chain stitching yet another awkwardly-specced pair of jeans.
I know people have serious doubts that they'll ever see their jeans, but I reckon I will get them by end of this month - I may be delusional, but I've never got a sense that Lawless are living up to their name, rather, they just seem hopeless naive. What I do have serious doubts about, though, is how long Lawless can hope to continue this way. Surely by now the core customer-base will have had enough and the cash is starting to dry up? You'd have to be nuts to sign up for anything at the minute, no matter how much of a bargain they seem. [huh]

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Its an interesting one. I'm not too bothered. For the price I paid including postage for 2 shirts and a pair of jeans Its not worth cancelling. I could maybe buy a pair of jeans, or a decent shirt. I certainly couldn't have all 3. At this stage I can wait. It's still quite here, over 30c again today, so I'm not struggling for kit. I will be very interested to see the product once it starts rolling though. I cannot for the life of me see much margin in the continued sales. It's bloody crazy.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
If my first items are good then I will jump on the next sale and order like 5-7 more shirts. I do have a feeling tho that the order will be screwed up because I know how it is working in crazy conditions and its very easy to make mistakes. I do it myself in stressful times and its not funny.

wdw

One Too Many
I've cancelled 5 out of 6 LD items and am now ordering Iron Heart from Rakuten in Japan at less than half UK price. Not sure about customs yet, as just placed first order today.

I'll stay with Gustin as I've just had two orders come in a month early and I'm giving Ciano the benefit of the doubt, with 3 orders in, although he's gone a bit quiet of late.

I can't see me using LD again, as I'm sickened by the ridiculous delays and their attempts to kid us all that it's not as bad as it really is. And there are so many reports of wrong specs coming in that to wait six months with no guarantee of getting what you want isn't worth the hassle for me, all for the sake of saving a few dollars.

apba1166

A-List Customer
You don't have enough stuff to wear already that you can't wait? I got 2 things....took awhile. But not only were they an amazing value: they were both things you cannot even find anywhere, such as a 13oz Candiani denim shirt and so on. As far as fit, my 1 Gustin pair was a flop in all ways, measurements, fit, etc...and the reason all these marketplaces exist is because so much of the mail order Japanese stuff and so on is risky on fit no matter what. But different strokes as they say. IH/Rakuten is a good thing, though. By all means worth it.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Have cancelled half of my order as well.

Don't have that much faith given how things are going, the fact they are promising 10 week delivery to people still, and also claiming all November orders are in production when, the evidence suggests otherwise isn't good. I understand companies need to have a 'positive' public face but this seems to be taking that too far.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I received an email response to an inquiry I sent the other day regarding my 11/29 purchase. It said they were working 6 days a week to fill orders and that I should be hearing soon. Bit confusing, though: it said they've improved their productivity from 300 to over 3,000 in a single day (!). Now, if my order is number one thousand three hundred and something, shouldn't it be done by now? I just hope they remember the correction I asked for.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
The message I got from Sal when I questioned a second time what the order timing would likely be while deciding on the refund was that they honestly had no clue, but that once they had got through orders 1-200, which they were/are working on, they would have a better idea. Crazy really.

That was a couple of weeks ago.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Know what you mean. If I get my jeans, I'll consider myself fortunate. I'm off to collect my SJC jeans tomorrow, and I'll be posting a new thread for them. I genuinely believe that SimonC is sympatico with what the Lounge is about, and that his work label, for want of a better name, will be on the nail as far as what we're discuss here and our philosophy.

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Have lawless went belly up?I was looking at ordering a pair of ironheart from ratuken at $161...but I can't find out the shipping charges to UK....anyone have any idea how much ...thanks.

wdw

One Too Many
Peter, I bought two things from Rakuten yesterday. Delivery for the Iron Heart waistcoat was 1,800 yen (£10) and a Buzz Rickson N-1 was 6,200 yen. Jeans would be at the lower end of that scale.

Unless it's free delivery, you need to wait for the shop to confirm shipping and then you finalise the order, but there's a table on each page telling you how much.

Apparently delivery's usually within a week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy