Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lawless Denim

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
After seeing all of you bailing, I called them and was all prepared to cancel, but I got a nice young girl who assured me my jeans were going into production in the next week or two. So I told her Id wait and see. I know, I know, I'm a chump. So what else is new?

wdw

One Too Many
Just read the Selvedge thread, Bob. You'll see that what she says and what actually happens are two very different things. In 99% of cases, apparently, but then again you might be the lucky 1%.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Had a spare moment this afternoon, so I phoned up to find where my order was, and was told by someone called Laura that they're doing the buttons and would ship end of this week. She was very polite, apologised for the long wait and thanked me for my patience. I guess we'll have to wait and see if they materialise in a week or so...[huh]

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
After seeing all of you bailing, I called them and was all prepared to cancel, but I got a nice young girl who assured me my jeans were going into production in the next week or two. So I told her Id wait and see. I know, I know, I'm a chump. So what else is new?

That's also what they told me, but after reading the thread posted earlier on i realised it means nothing!
It appears they are barely reaching order number 300, my order was placed in november, and was order 1089, which could take another few months!

I have just finished reading the Gustinfriends thread, and all this sounds like a train wreck ready to happen, and i'd rather be out...

I already have to many Iron Heath jeans to wear anyway!

wdw

One Too Many
I know I sound like the Prophet of Doom, but there are no reports of anyone phoning LD and being told anything other than their order will probably go out next week. And it never comes.

I really hope you get yours soon, Sloan, just to prove that not everything they say is cynical customer services lies.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I find it fascinating that all you Brits (UK) and EU are buying USA stuff and I'm buying yours. Must keep the import tax guys happy. :D

wdw

One Too Many
Fanch, the only guy who's coming out of this reasonably well is Ciano Farmer, who hails from Richmond in your fine state. Phoenix won't be getting any more orders from me.

wdw

One Too Many
Sloan, to be fair, you have quite a low order number, so there's a fair chance you might get yours in the next 2 months or so, maybe even sooner.

But I'm 300 behind you and could see that taking another 4-6 months.

Anyway, when it comes, I hope it's what you ordered. Apparently that's far from guaranteed. That Selvedge board makes for depressing reading.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Sloan, to be fair, you have quite a low order number, so there's a fair chance you might get yours in the next 2 months or so, maybe even sooner.

But I'm 300 behind you and could see that taking another 4-6 months.

Anyway, when it comes, I hope it's what you ordered. Apparently that's far from guaranteed. That Selvedge board makes for depressing reading.

Yeah, I'm hoping my unfussy order will avoid that: people ordering shirts seem to be taking a real gamble as whether they even get the correct arm length. My feeling has always been that they've offered too many options at too low a cost for this not to happen, look at Aero under the old regime. So I've dialed my expectations r-i-g-h-t down from the start, and things are proceeding as I expected - very slowly.

Fanch, as somebody who has worked as a freelance, I take the attitude of 'travel hopefully but keep a lawyer on speed dial'. :D

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
My cancelation got confirmed overnight. I'm happy with that. I would imagine they need as many cancellations as possible to catch up! Anyway, I can't complain with the speed of the cancellation, particularly after reading a truckload of bad stories yesterday. Alls well and I'm happy.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just read the Selvedge thread, Bob. You'll see that what she says and what actually happens are two very different things. In 99% of cases, apparently, but then again you might be the lucky 1%.

How many times have I said this to myself?

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
My order just went from "canceled", "refunded" to "Awaiting Fulfillment", i wonder if that means the refund hasn't actually been processed yet?

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
My order just went from "canceled", "refunded" to "Awaiting Fulfillment", i wonder if that means the refund hasn't actually been processed yet?

That's a bit strange? I got an email confirming my cancellation, but no coin has landed yet...will let you know when it does.

wdw

One Too Many
From what I've seen on the other board, I get the impression that if someone threatens getting their bank involved the refund miraculously comes within a day or so.

I've not heard of Carlos's order status change before, so that's another weird thing to throw into the mix.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
From what I've seen on the other board, I get the impression that if someone threatens getting their bank involved the refund miraculously comes within a day or so.

I've not heard of Carlos's order status change before, so that's another weird thing to throw into the mix.

That's what i did, i went all "if i don't get refunded by the end of the week i will get my bank involved" straight away i got 2 emails, saying "canceled", then "refunded".

12 hours later, a third one saying "Awaiting Fulfillment"... Could they be any more useless? Not sure...

carl1000

New in Town
I cancelled my 3 orders from Dec 4 days ago. what a shame. But looking at other forums, mine wouldn't be done till 2015 Fall. Insane. Once they get their act together I will re order.

wdw

One Too Many
Is that the thread where he seriously likens his jeans to Ferrari? His spiel was the usual "trust me, things will improve soon" baloney.

Anyway, I cancelled the last of my six items and feel better for it. Rakuten has done well out of me these last two weeks, and I now have great gear to show for it.

I'd say Ciano Farmer is carrying the flag for small US KS companies, as he delivers good gear in only 6-8 weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24