Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lawless Denim

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Peter, I bought two things from Rakuten yesterday. Delivery for the Iron Heart waistcoat was 1,800 yen (£10) and a Buzz Rickson N-1 was 6,200 yen. Jeans would be at the lower end of that scale.

Unless it's free delivery, you need to wait for the shop to confirm shipping and then you finalise the order, but there's a table on each page telling you how much.

Apparently delivery's usually within a week.

Thanks for the info...I think that's how I will go in future...

wdw

One Too Many
I forgot to say... The prices on Rakuten include 8% sales tax. That's deducted from your final price, which then usually covers postage if that's charged extra.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I forgot to say... The prices on Rakuten include 8% sales tax. That's deducted from your final price, which then usually covers postage if that's charged extra.

If I may add- not all shops on Rakuten offer tax refund, some shops ask customers to confirm final costs i.e. price + shipping thru email before they ship, some merely send you the final costs and deliver right after without any need for confirmation. Some simply do not ship overseas (even if you choose the country on the page) and some do not accept overseas credit card. There is a shop information link where you can find out more about the payment and delivery option of each individual shop but it sometimes contain wrong info., so best email them before you put in an order to avoid any misunderstanding. You may find better deals if you pick Japan in stead of UK or US etc. For example, there is at least one shop that ships overseas but only appears if you pick Japan.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Well, I just reluctantly cancelled my Lawless order. I was loathe to do it, as with the 50% discount, it would be impossible to replace the ordered items. That being said, I placed the order about 15 weeks ago, with no real light at the end of the tunnel. If I was told it was coming this week or next, I would have definitely been happy with that....sadly, it's not the case. I would be very interested in seeing if anyone else here has received their goods or a notice saying when? It looks like good gear, and I was particularly impressed with the shirt options. I might be tempted again to order down the track, but only after they have gotten over this incredible hump they have created for themselves.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
As a Brit, I relish a good long, pointless queue. It's part of my cultural heritage and I am willing to embrace it. Lawless better damn well realise that, on this side of the Pond, that a four month wait is nothing. :D

Otter

One Too Many
Next they will be asking you for your clothing ration coupons Sloan. It's all part of a carefully thought out vintage theamed campaign. :)

Seriously though, it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion, you just can't walk on past, you have to stop and look.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
As a Brit, I relish a good long, pointless queue. It's part of my cultural heritage and I am willing to embrace it. Lawless better damn well realise that, on this side of the Pond, that a four month wait is nothing. :D

Too right. I believe your english neighbours have been waiting since 1966 for another World Cup. Luckily it's only soccer...;)

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
It will be interesting to see how it goes. I've cancelled, but haven't heard back from them. I would have liked to actually get the goods instead of cancelling, but, belts and boots wait for no man, and I need more...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, the whole LD thing is a train wreck and there's nothing the paying customers can do to speed things up. There's all sorts of speculation and this thread tells most of it.
http://gustinfriends.proboards.com/thread/516/order-update-thread

The underwhelming response to their new heavy denim says it all. When Gustin offered that it sold out in less than 20 minutes, although on a much smaller run, to be fair.

I'm frankly bewildered that, given what's going on, people are actually still throwing money at Lawless.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I just stumbled across their yelp reviews and a bunch of other fairly disappointing reviews. The spooky thing is that in August last year there were already folks that had been waiting 4-5 months, way before the Nov/Dec 50% nonsense. This being the case what's the score with the continual 50% off deal? They will never catch up. All the best intentions in the world won't stop the team from burning out. With 50% off there's no margin to be paying the guys overtime,bonuses or a beers after work..very slippery slope. I will be a happy little vegemite when my refund is confirmed....Imagine waiting 5 months and finding that it doesn't fit? Posting it back overseas, only to start the whole dance again....

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
They've made a bunch of posts to their facebook page recently about hosting block parties, BBQ's, motorcycle stunt events, etc.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
They do seem to have quite an active marketing thing going on, which is interesting. It's just that, if I was Lawless, I would be panicking slightly by now and focusing on getting things fixed in the factory rather than organising barbecues...

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Seems to me its done... and they KNOW it's done so why not use what little cash is left to have a good time? Rack up some huge bills, stiff thousands of customers and declare bankruptcy.... I guess it happens all the time. Welp they got me for one pair of jeans... that's the first and last time I'll ever throw good money at some online fashion start up with more ambition than brains.

Worf

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Same old story Worf..flashy bright young things in marketing writing cheques they can't cash with the poor ba***rd grunts on the factory floor keeling over, having brain snaps and walking out the door...I would be highly suprised if quality control has not suffered throughout?

wdw

One Too Many
Same old story Worf..flashy bright young things in marketing writing cheques they can't cash with the poor ba***rd grunts on the factory floor keeling over, having brain snaps and walking out the door...I would be highly suprised if quality control has not suffered throughout?

QC's all over the place, as that board shows. Some people seem to get roughly what they asked for, but many haven't. It looks like a lottery.

wdw

One Too Many
I cancelled 5 out of 6 and have ordered three things from Rakuten. Two came in less than a week and one is still within the week but has been in customs for two days.

I've kept the Type 3 vest with LD, as there's not much they can get wrong with that, but if the IH version comes into stock in Rakuten I'll cancel LD. My order number is in the 700s, 19 weeks in, and I reckon I could be another 4 months away.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I placed an order in early november, still nothing, all my emails get the same "we are a small company doing our best" answer, i have had enough...
I just sent them a final email asking for a refund, let's see how long that takes!

Does anybody know if we can get a refund via our bank in the UK? Could i tell my bank i have never received the goods and get a refund?

Well, my refund just came through, an hours after sending the email... Glad i got out of that!

Last edited:

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
I placed an order in early november, still nothing, all my emails get the same "we are a small company doing our best" answer, i have had enough...

I just sent them a final email asking for a refund, let's see how long that takes!

Does anybody know if we can get a refund via our bank in the UK? Could i tell my bank i have never received the goods and get a refund?

Iv cancelled today ,,iv had 3emails from lawless,,very pleasant saying no problem with cancelling& the refund will be processed,& they hope that when the backlogs improve I may give them another try.That's fair enough for me,,as long as the refund goes smoothly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy