Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Lazy" Vintage Hair Ideas

K

killertomata

I think I'm stuck with bangs forever.

Every time I do manage rolls, I am so distracted by all the little fuzzies lining my hairline at my forehead... I don't have a clean hairline, I have all these baby hairs that won't go into a roll or anything else. They're fine and wispy, and not new growth, they're just there, always have been. Annoying me.

Bangs cover them, and give my face a clean look. I haven't so far liked rolls *with* bangs, so it's one or the other so far.

What the heck can one do with these fine baby hairs? I've only been without them back when I bleached out the underside of my bangs to put in color and the baby hairs dissolved. But they grew back. Bah.

Nashoba

One Too Many
killertomata said:
What the heck can one do with these fine baby hairs? I've only been without them back when I bleached out the underside of my bangs to put in color and the baby hairs dissolved. But they grew back. Bah.

I have 'em too and I spray the heck out of them with hairspray and smooth them back into the roll. spray enough they'll stay :). drives me crazy too.

Sunny

One Too Many
Girl Friday said:
My hair is really curly so stuff just kind of slides off [huh] , I think I might try sewing bobby pins or combs on to a scarf.

Have you tried making an X with bobby pins? It's incredibly stable and isn't going anywhere, and it's a lot easier than actually sewing pins onto your scarf.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Killer, try doing a forward or more angled roll in the front to cover your pesky hairs, and you can still go back on the sides.
Nikki

epr25

Practically Family
I could you explain how you did this? This style would help me allot! What do you do with the ends?

Shimmy Sally said:
That sounds cute, do you have a picture?

Here's a quick summer nape roll:
595339197_9c9a5cd874.jpg

Here is the new style of foam bun rat. Isn't it awful? If anyone knows a place I can order a net one, please let me know.
595744948_6398e8cebd_o.jpg

$ally

One Too Many
There are a couple ways. If your hair is long, just start at the ends, wrapping it around itself, then bobby-pin it in place. If it's short, use a ratt. Also, you can us a rag or scarf, tie it around the ends, then twist the hair around it until at the roots and tie over your head. I always end up with loose wispy bits by the end of the night though. Maybe somebody has advice about avoiding that?
We should all do some more YouTube demos here.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Ok, whats the Amelie look? As in the movie Amelie?

gluegungeisha said:
I loooove my new haircut! I've been growing out my hair from a short Audrey-esque cut, and it just recently got long enough at the top for me to bob it...perfect, because I have a 1920's studio shoot at the end of the month. It's just a classic bob with blunt baby bangs.

It's so easy to manage, but I can do so many cute styles with it! When I just let it be, I get an adorable Amelie look. I curled it yesterday (with an iron because I was on the go...have yet to pincurl it), and loved the look. I love it clipped up in a barette or wrapped in a scarf. I'd post pictures if I could, but my personal computer blew up a few days ago. I'll be sure to post some images from the upcoming shoot, though!

epr25

Practically Family
$ally said:
There are a couple ways. If your hair is long, just start at the ends, wrapping it around itself, then bobby-pin it in place. If it's short, use a ratt. Also, you can us a rag or scarf, tie it around the ends, then twist the hair around it until at the roots and tie over your head. I always end up with loose wispy bits by the end of the night though. Maybe somebody has advice about avoiding that?
We should all do some more YouTube demos here.

That's a wonderful idea!

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
Yeah, ive had way too many lazy days lately... i just put my hair up in a pony tail and its so small. I want to get some of those combs so i can pin up the sides with them.

I really just need to stop being lazy or become rich so someone can do my hair all the time.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
explain how you did this? This style would help me allot! What do you do with the ends?

You can also make a ponytail, then divide the hair in two just above the pony a bit and flip the pony inside and pin.
Nikki

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
positivelypinup said:
Yeah, ive had way too many lazy days lately... i just put my hair up in a pony tail and its so small. I want to get some of those combs so i can pin up the sides with them.

I really just need to stop being lazy or become rich so someone can do my hair all the time.
i love your hair in your picture.
i am so clueless as to how to make those wonderful worldly wonderous curls on the top of your head. I have attempted the art of it, but no cigar.GAH !

K

killertomata

Nashoba said:
I have 'em too and I spray the heck out of them with hairspray and smooth them back into the roll. spray enough they'll stay :). drives me crazy too.

ohairas said:
Killer, try doing a forward or more angled roll in the front to cover your pesky hairs, and you can still go back on the sides.
Nikki

Thank you both. :) I'll try both your suggestions!

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
oh goodness thankyou all of you, haha i feel like sucha celeb :p
i think you all are much prettier, but we are all simply gorgeous win our owen way, thats what i love about humans, beauty depends on whos looking :D

Emblaze

Familiar Face
Nashoba said:
forget the hair color. I want her eye color!

And I want her flawless porcelain skin!

There are too many gorgeous fiery redheads on this board, I'm having serious hair jealousy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran