leather jacket torturing devices

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by navetsea, Mar 2, 2016.

1. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

an idea just came to mind,

my leather need sun and rain, but I don't. so I think I'm going to make this tomorrow.
    [​IMG]
    lightly bent elbow is needed to set in the creases to make a more interesting fade

any other evil ideas for your leather jacket please add :)

Monitor likes this.
  2. Capesofwrath

Capesofwrath Practically Family

Find a manual workman and let him wear your jacket while he does his job. He will have it looking worn in - or out - in no time at all. Or you could just buy an old beaten up jacket and save some money….

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    AeroFan_07, nick123, navetsea and 2 others like this.
  3. Justhandguns

Justhandguns Practically Family

Umm, in order to get the creases at the proper places, you probably need to add some hydraulics to the joints, or large servos......

Well, simply order one from these people.....

4. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

Just spend two hours sawing and shifting logs, followed by three hours in the pub and a stumble home in the rain with military-surplus canvas bags over shoulders full of books. That'll get it started.

Navatsea, if you're in East Java, the weather presumably softens up leather quite quickly- an Aero I have was softened up in Guangzhou due to the humidity. Still not sure how it didn't get mouldy, but I think that decent leather is oiled and tanned sufficiently to prevent the spores getting anchored. I kept moth balls in the inner pockets.

navetsea likes this.
  5. John Lever

John Lever One Too Many

Leaving a jacket in the sun will cause it to shrink.

navetsea likes this.
  6. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Where it wet & allow it to dry on you is torture for you both & is part of my 'Break-in' process. Made need to be repeated with very stubborn leather...oh, and I use cold water on it. :)

navetsea likes this.
  7. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

my goatskin need this torture :)
    I have tried standing in cold shower in it, I tried washing machine, I tried riding in rain (+ volcanic ash rain), so far the effect on the goat is microscopic. except for mini creases along the seams, the jacket looks new from 5 m distance. I thought if goat can't get creases anyway, maybe some fading would do.

8. Monitor

Monitor

I've heard driving over a jacket does miracles. Seriously. Only problem is, the zippers may pop out.

9. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 I'll Lock Up

As I understand Goatskin really dosen't develop much character, at least not like Cowhide or Horsehide. Perhaps it's closer to how Lambskin is, where what you get is, well, what you got...

I'm sure that's not the case with all goatskin...maybe i'm off base. But the two goatskin jackets I've had never really changed or creased up. And they seemed to have minimal scent as well. Just different I guess.

10. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

My goatskin jackets are the same--no patina, no character. It takes years to get the wear to show on them.

11. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

Jeez, just wear the &@*$ thing.

Edward likes this.
  12. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Some goat develops character very quickly. Aero's old goat used to fade and wrinkle in months. My Al goat jacket faded and wrinkled very fast and looked years old in 12 months. But somewhat perversely the leather didn't soften to match the lovely fades. Sold it.