Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let me introduce myself and talk about lipstick cases!

Rica Bloom

New in Town
Hello ladies! I would like to introduce myself - I've used TFL as a resource for beautiful vintage style for a few years, and I've finally decided to join you for real!

My current obsession is the perfect lipstick case. I know a lot has been said about lipstick and about gorgeous compacts and all that jazz, but I didn't seem to find anything on the cases alone. If this thread is superfluous, please feel free to move it. I'm definitely a one-lipstick-at-a-time kinda dame, so . . . what better opportunity to unload way too much cash on lipstick just because I love the packaging?

So may I run a few ideas by you? It's either got to be vintage inspired and rawther glam, or I'll have to find a fabulous genuine vintage case to plunk a new stick into.

This Guerlain tube is said to be *inspired* by vintage cases, but I don't see it. Nevertheless, it's fascinatingly over-the-top, if way too expensive:
guerlain-lipstick-rouge-g.jpg

Then there are the truly vintage inspired Besame and Julie Hewett:
9778lipstick.jpg

noir_lipstick.jpg

What else is out there? What does your favorite lipstick bullet look like?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran