Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

London Outerwear meetup 8th of December - Epilogue

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks! Would you be joining us there as well?
Quite likely, can’t make the London meet because I’m down there next weekend for a couple of beers. Two weekends on the trot might not go down well at home. Devon for a day shouldn’t be a problem

red devil

Unfortunately not. I go on holiday on the 29th and have a few things I need to do before I go, especially on a Saturday. Thanks for asking.

Hopefully next time, I am hoping to make this a regular event

Quite likely, can’t make the London meet because I’m down there next weekend for a couple of beers. Two weekends on the trot might not go down well at home. Devon for a day shouldn’t be a problem

This is more incentive to make it happen, will keep you updated :)

I have to bow out of the meet (again) as I've got family commitments that weekend, unfortunately.

Hopefully third time is a charm :D

Edward

Bartender
I need to get my hall pass, but 23rd should be viable. The boss will have had me in the house for a full week's leave at that point, so will probably welcome the space. ;) I'll have a look at time tonight....

red devil

I need to get my hall pass, but 23rd should be viable. The boss will have had me in the house for a full week's leave at that point, so will probably welcome the space. ;) I'll have a look at time tonight....

Crossing fingers!!

Edward

Bartender
Worth considering dates from now, hopefully allow those who might join us from Forn Parts plenty of time to book travel when it's cheaper (which it should also be in the Autumn as compared to April?).

bn1966

Autumn works for me for a London meet, would be nice to have a summer ELC visit….was up the Smoke last Weekend, London in the sunshine..stayed away from clothing stores though

Worth considering dates from now, hopefully allow those who might join us from Forn Parts plenty of time to book travel when it's cheaper (which it should also be in the Autumn as compared to April?).

Is it actually significantly cheaper? I was looking at flights the whole time now, the difference between the prices when the meet-up was first suggested and yesterday was marginal. Like 20 GBP difference.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Sorry, guys, I was one of the people to bail out pretty late in the day. I always said, I was gonna make it, but in the end, very personal reasons interfered.

It would be great to get dates for later in the year in the calenders now. I am good anywhere from beginning of October onwards. Perfect jacket weather then too, I bet...

red devil

Sorry, guys, I was one of the people to bail out pretty late in the day. I always said, I was gonna make it, but in the end, very personal reasons interfered.

It would be great to get dates for later in the year in the calenders now. I am good anywhere from beginning of October onwards. Perfect jacket weather then too, I bet...

No worries, happened to quite a few members here. Seems like it was simply not meant to be for this time. October is a good month to meet. :)

Rich22

Practically Family
I'm at home in London for July and August, and would be game to meet up, but I'm away again by October- I'll be the other side of the world. We are allowed to meet when it's T-shirt weather, right? ;)

red devil

I'm at home in London for July and August, and would be game to meet up, but I'm away again by October- I'll be the other side of the world. We are allowed to meet when it's T-shirt weather, right? ;)

Sure! I am happy to meet up any time of the year lol

Edward

Bartender
Is it actually significantly cheaper? I was looking at flights the whole time now, the difference between the prices when the meet-up was first suggested and yesterday was marginal. Like 20 GBP difference.

In the before times it definitely would have, but fair point - I've not flown since 2019 and am unlikely to until 2023 at least, so I could well be wide of the pandemic-era mark. Trains are definitely complaint with the old rules here now, but they're not germ factories to the same extent so I don't think have been shunned by as many.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ