Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a particular book...

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Hello all!

I'm on the search for the title of a boo that I had read years ago. I remember the premise but not the title. The writer was female and if I remember correctly it was the first in a short series of fantasy novels.
The premise in a nutshell: A dying professor and his librarian assistant travel through a portal onto another realm. In this realm the professor is a Mage and the assistant is transformed into a female warrior of sorts. In the other realm the ket to things is something that resembles Stonehenge but is complete and has powers for those who know how to use it. That's about all that I can remember of it.
If any one out there has read this one too and either remembers the title or at least the author I would be very grateful. Thank you very much for any input or direction.

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
A lot of the theme of the book revolves around what is basically Stonehenge, yet in this realm it is a complete structure. I think the series is limited to three books but it may be more. Warriors, magic and anthropology. It was an intelligently written fantacy book that throws in a bit of mystery to boot. It isn't the novel written by Bernard Cornwall.
Thanks in advance for any input & opinions. If there are some web sites that I have missed that could locate a book by synopsis please point me in the right direction. :)

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic