Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for satin mules

Honey Doll

Practically Family
I'm looking for a pair of satin mules boudoir heels in the style of Daniel Green and coming up flat. Every pair of the bay of actual Daniel Green's is either too small, too narrow, too worn or too expensive and I'm not overly fond of the mirabeau feather variety. Anyone have any suggestions for sources?

Honey Doll

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Depending on what you need them for, you may want to look for a pair of modern vintagy looking shoes that you can cut the staps off to look like mules? You could also remove the feathers, (heat up a bit with hairdryer and pull off), then add some shoe clips or perhaps a matching satin embellishment.
Good luck!
Nikki

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You know, I'm a 9.5 and I got a pair of Daniel Green red satin mules with the rose detail on the front for under $20. How long have you been looking? :)

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
You know, I'm a 9.5 and I got a pair of Daniel Green red satin mules with the rose detail on the front for under $20. How long have you been looking? :)

Its off and on, maybe 6 months...as the mood strikes. It seems everytime I think to troll the bay for them, they must get real popular!

Honey Doll

Sunny

One Too Many
Honey Doll said:
Its off and on, maybe 6 months...as the mood strikes. It seems everytime I think to troll the bay for them, they must get real popular!

Honey Doll

I know that feeling. I'll just be dying for something in particular and I'll search every day for a week or so; then I get discouraged and gradually quit. In a month the desire strikes again and I'll go back, usually with the same lack of success. Grr.

I've found that it helps me to set up an automatic search that emails me new listings. When the email arrives, it reminds me to quickly screen the possibilities, but I don't have to remember and can put it off for a couple of days if I need to.

That reminds me, I've been looking off and on for my own "relaxation" shoes. During the summer it's not necessary, but when it's cool I really feel the need for something comfy I can slip on over my stockings. The problem is that the Daniel Green slippers are usually too fancy for my use, and others tend to be pretty ugly. I've seen a few I liked, although not big enough. (I need a size 9!) Good luck!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I found a pair of Daniel Green slippers recently

In San Jose. They are NOT mules as they have a back, but no strap and peep toes. Satin cover, circa 1930's I believe. Are you interested?

I'll try to remember the shop and PM you their info. I remember it's your size because that's my size too, and I mulled over buying them for about 15 seconds.

It took me two tries to sell my as new Daniel Greens on the bay, sized 5.5. I couldn't believe the low price they went for.

Vintage Betty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner