Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost warlds vs. Aero quality

Oktagon

New in Town
OK, lets compare between the two. I have three Aero HH coats, and one Lost Worlds on order. Has anyone compared the quality between the two manufacturers? I heard good things about both, but does anyone own jackets from both in order to compare?

My first A2 repro was a new LW Dubow. I consider LostWorlds and Aero very well made qualty A2 repros. The HH LW A2 is tanned differently than an Aero with a heavier finish that is bulletproof and doesn't tend to wear off. The armholes are cut higher compared to Aero,noticably tighter under the arms. Forearm sleeve is wider compared to Aero. Pockets are spaced wider apart than Aero allowing a more blousy waist effect. Wool Knits are robust and durable on both. Zipper is a more modern Talon repro on the LW.
A friend of mine ordered a LW HH utility jacket. Only thing...Stu(owner) insisted he needed a 42..when my friend always wore a size 40 in other jackets. Sure enough it was too big. The brown heavy FQHH weighed nearly the same as my Aero Highwayman and HalfBelt...but,again,the finish was heavier and lacked the luster,or burnished effect of the Aero FQHH. Quite different!
Again..I think both LW and Aero are quality jackets. A stylish trim fit means alot to me. I do think,tho,that the LW is perhaps finished a little too durable for my tastes.
HD

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Stick to topic please (Appraisel of one A2 vs another)

It might be best to wait for the LW to come through the door first, (I know, I know...I get impatient too waiting for these things!! ) enjoy it for a while and then if you want to compare the LW with an A2 of similar style from ALC (such as pocket shape, zips, colour, hide weight, collar shape, knits..etc) then that would be great feedback for all of us.

With photographs of each too please, as you just cannot beat visuals to go alongside your own personal comments & observations.:)

Remember that observations are subjective, as we all have our own idea of what makes a great A-2 ;)

But, can't wait to see the LW A-2, and post some pics of the Aeros too!! you just can never get enough pics of these babies!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay