Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Easy Ryder Arrived

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Sorry for the bad pic but I only have my phone today.
Wow, another score in my book. I am simply amazed at their product. I was going to go Horsehide but oddly enough a Jacket appeared on the sale page in my size. Its Cowhide but thank goodness I grabbed it. There is no comparison to say the Vanson I tried on or the Fox Creek. If anything its closer to Schott as far as soft and buttery yet nice and thick. I have to admit its soooooo comfortable.
Every sticth and detail again is simply amazing. If you read this and you are considering one let me say LWs jackets are lifetime...and more purchases.
LWSuburbanandEasyRyder.jpg

53Effie

A-List Customer
Very impressive. I wish I had seen it first. I don't own a LW yet, but maybe someday before too long. Enjoy the LW's. They look great.

One of the Regulars
Wow, another score in my book. I am simply amazed at their product. I was going to go Horsehide but oddly enough a Jacket appeared on the sale page in my size. Its Cowhide but thank goodness I grabbed it. There is no comparison to say the Vanson I tried on or the Fox Creek. If anything its closer to Schott as far as soft and buttery yet nice and thick. I have to admit its soooooo comfortable.
Every sticth and detail again is simply amazing. If you read this and you are considering one let me say LWs jackets are lifetime...and more purchases.

Great score camarada Ortiz!!
Too big for me otherwise I buy it.
Now you have an outstanding proper MC jacket.
Enjoy it!

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Dortiz -

Great jacket! I can't believe they put a size 44 on sale! That will definitely be a lifetime purchase.

I would love to see some measurements if you could oblige me. I am most interested in knowing the sleeve length form shoulder to cuff, chest when laid flat, and the shoulder width.

IXL

One Too Many
Good looking jacket, Dave. I'm going to have to break down and get a LW. Which model bike do you ride. I can guess at least ONE brand.....

dortiz

One of the Regulars
sleeve length form shoulder to cuff ( 26"), chest when laid flat? (21) seam to seam under the arm. Not sure if thats the right way to measure, and the shoulder width( 20").

IXL, Black and White Deluxe ; )

mrc

Familiar Face
Its Cowhide but thank goodness I grabbed it. There is no comparison to say the Vanson I tried on or the Fox Creek. If anything its closer to Schott as far as soft and buttery yet nice and thick. I have to admit its soooooo comfortable.

I'm confused. Schott jackets, at this point in time, are pretty much fashion jackets. They certainly aren't made of high-quality leather. Vanson jackets are stiff because the hides are so good! The stiff hide is what you're paying for...

Yet, the jacket does have that Schott 141 look. Good lookin' jacket.

dortiz

One of the Regulars
"I'm confused. Schott jackets, at this point in time, are pretty much fashion jackets"

I agree but out of all the leather in Cowhide I have felt I have to admit the Schott Perfectos are like butter. Otherwise I would still not buy the 141 versus something like this. Its has that soft texture but is still thicker and feels stronger and is clearly way better made.

dortiz

One of the Regulars
The Zippers deserve special mention. They are beefy and the pulls are large yet slide effortlessly. No zippers I have ever seem compare to them. Funny thing is zippers always tee me off. Even on my EMS winter parkas and Columbia jacket they had issues. Its the one thing I really look for in a jacket. Actually closing a jacket is a plus in my book. No one does zippers like LW.

dortiz

One of the Regulars
The benefit in Aero is sizing. They make a sort of custom jacket. If you fit in a standard size then LW is money. But otherwise it is awesome that Aero factors in your specific measurements. Also the tanning. Aero Veg dyed wears right away. LW is virtually bulletproof. I just had a great experience at the shoe cobbler. Took my new Hugo Boss shoes in for a sole saver and the owner saw my Suburban and walked around the counter in awe. he said they work on a lot of leather but he has not seen anything like what I was wearing. He loved it and made my day : )

Last edited:

jimmer_5

Practically Family
sleeve length form shoulder to cuff ( 26"), chest when laid flat? (21) seam to seam under the arm. Not sure if thats the right way to measure, and the shoulder width( 20").

IXL, Black and White Deluxe ; )

Dortiz - thank you, those measurements are perfect. With the 26" sleeve length and the 20" shoulders, it sounds like the jacket would work with my long arms. I ask because most of the Lost World's jackets I have seen on eBay had arms that were in the 24-24.5" range - much shorter than yours.

I am still not sure what "IXL, Black and White Deluxe" refers to.

I generally measure the chest laid flat, and double the measurement. The chest measurement is the one thing that surprised me about your new jacket - it only measures 42 inches around the chest (21x2). Most size 44 jackets would measure at least 46-48" around the chest, and that would still be a relatively snug fit.

I appreciate you're taking the time to do this for me - I really want a Lost World's jacket some day, but the sizing has always been the biggest issue for me. Well, that and the cost.... $850 - $975 is jut a bit out of my comfort zone financially. Now if they only had a russet brown Easy Ryder, Ryder, or Suburban for the $650 sale price....... :)

Seriously, congrats on your awesome new jacket!

- Jim

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Jim,
I measured to the seam but there is a gap on both sides as well about 2". I will lay it out and measure accounting for that as I can promise you its easily a true44.

My Suburban in 44 is about an inch shorter in sleave. I have to assume Stuart has the jacket designed as it should be for bikers.

I am still not sure what "IXL, Black and White Deluxe" refers to: We know each other on the Harley Davidson Forum. I ride Harley Davidson Softail Deluxe. The color is Black and White.

CR141

Familiar Face

Great looking Lostworlds Dave. Enjoy it and ride safe.

@mrc
I wouldn't go as far to say that Schott are fashion jackets. They have been around for a long time and have been proven to be durable and functional M/C jackets. As for the leather not being of high quality, I beg to differ. I have a 141 and I will say that the leather certainly is of a very high quality. In fact, with proper care, the jacket will probably outlast me:D

IXL

One Too Many
Dortiz - thank you, those measurements are perfect. With the 26" sleeve length and the 20" shoulders, it sounds like the jacket would work with my long arms. I ask because most of the Lost World's jackets I have seen on eBay had arms that were in the 24-24.5" range - much shorter than yours.

I am still not sure what "IXL, Black and White Deluxe" refers to.

I generally measure the chest laid flat, and double the measurement. The chest measurement is the one thing that surprised me about your new jacket - it only measures 42 inches around the chest (21x2). Most size 44 jackets would measure at least 46-48" around the chest, and that would still be a relatively snug fit.

I appreciate you're taking the time to do this for me - I really want a Lost World's jacket some day, but the sizing has always been the biggest issue for me. Well, that and the cost.... $850 - $975 is jut a bit out of my comfort zone financially. Now if they only had a russet brown Easy Ryder, Ryder, or Suburban for the $650 sale price....... :)

Seriously, congrats on your awesome new jacket!

- Jim

I am "IXL", and he was giving me a secret code...kind of like "Doors locked. Can't fly without umbrella."
Or, he could have been describing his Harley-Davidson Softail Deluxe. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy