Lost Worlds Leathertogs in Navy HH

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Apr 25, 2019.

1. red devil

red devil One Too Many

I had been eyeing this jacket for a long time, it was the one that I thought could stand toe to toe with the J24, and it has not disappointed!

The original that this one is reproduced from was a full custom order, I wonder how much input came from the buyer and how much from the maker. Probably pretty even from both sides as that generally seems to give the best results.

Again, I don't know what to say apart that I really like it, the shade of Navy is just right as far as I am concerned.

I wanted to write more about it but I find that pictures work better :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

The brown liner is just superb. Love the color of this hide. Really gorgeous navy blue.

red devil likes this.
  3. seres

seres A-List Customer

I agree!!! Now, how 'bout some fit pics?

red devil likes this.
  4. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Practically Family

If I could have one Lost Words jacket, it would be their leathertogs. Is your jacket cut different from their standard leathertogs pattern? I remember someone had a 46 in the classifieds recently and commented the jacket fit sung for 46. Would you say your jacket fits different from other Lost Words jackets?

red devil likes this.
  5. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Practically Family

I second fit pictures

red devil likes this.
  6. Bern1

Bern1 One of the Regulars

Awesome looking jacket, the color is outstanding.

red devil likes this.
  7. oneterrifichog

oneterrifichog Practically Family

That was me. I hated having to let that jacket go as it was the coolest jacket I have ever owned. I just could not get the weight off to fit. I will probably order another from Stuart in the future but get it correctly fitted. The pockets alone made it just perfect for me personally. I would add that I am not one for stuffing my hands in my pockets but rather use them in utilitarian ways hence the tendency to prefer D Pockets which I consider the Leathertogs a cousin to.

Mysteryo and red devil like this.
  8. Robbie79

Robbie79 A-List Customer

This jacket is just perfect - workmanship, navy blue horsehide, liner, hardware, etc. I guess Stu used 4oz+ HH? I was also considering this one but finally chose the J24 design. Anyway, congrats from my side and enjoy wearing it!

red devil likes this.
  9. red devil

red devil One Too Many

I took one initially, it is tight but that's because I put on some weight recently, will get some better ones up later :)

Yes, the fit is tighter than the J23/24.

Agreed, that's one of the reason I got it, this pic had been haunting me for ages

[​IMG]

It's a lighter hide between 3 and 3.5oz. I did go with a black J24 first but could not resist the pull of this one either :D

10. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Love this!

red devil likes this.
  11. Davidm

Davidm Familiar Face

Congrats!
    I sold my buco j-24 to get this one (trying to keep my closet small and get rid of everything im not wearing/ dont like in some way). actually this design makes a lot more sense in terms of functionality for me. Definitely an endgame jacket. cant wait =)

red devil and handymike like this.
  12. John D Maccarter

John D Maccarter One of the Regulars

Perfection

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

red devil likes this.
  13. red devil

red devil One Too Many

I had the chance to weigh the new jackets, this one stands at 2.99 kg / 6.58 lbs as opposed to the J24 which is at 3.57 kg / 7.86 lbs. There are differences whereas the navy HH is at around 3oz and the black one is meant to be a bit under 4oz. There is also the lining, quilt for the J24.

On another note, the peacoat which is 3.5oz deer rests at 2.44 kg / 5.38 lbs.

And the Custom aviator from JL is poised at 2.83 kg / 6.24 lbs

roadking04 and JMax like this.
  14. regius

regius One Too Many

Always love the early era riding jackets! Please remind me, does Stu take detailed measurements? At chest & waist to make sure the hem doesn’t flare out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. red devil

red devil One Too Many

He generally chooses a standard size depending on your height and weight. But you can discuss all details with him