Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Hey guys glad you are enjoying the pics.

Sir the light colored felts you have marked are spot on! excellent.

The crowded pic ( ;) ) has 2 charcoals (one top most and the other the 2nd row 4 th hat. Top charcoal is my first with an blue/black ribbon. The other has a frayed charcoal ribbon.

The 3rd in the top row is a gray felt. At least I believe that is the name this late evening. It is a medium gray and incredibly versatile.

i-mQzcmzw-M.jpg

The above pic has from top granite, r-gray and l-blue.

Or perhaps a different grouping to showcase the gray. The below shot contains (l-r) whiskey, blue and gray.

i-GJTrkrz-M.jpg

The 1st in the second row is the granite felt w/charcoal ribbon.

The third row 3rd hat is another Moss Green but with a gill ribbon treatment. Everyone should have a mid ribbon and a gill ribbon Moss Green hat!

i-PpchLtT-L.jpg

Yet another grouping (l-r) silverbelly, charcoal, charcoal w/fray, silvermist (wide ribbon), granite and moss green.

i-t4cShRs-M.jpg

We need to have everyone add their Gannon hat family pics to the thread. If the weather permits over the upcoming month perhaps I can re-take a family pic. I will need to add a natural beaver gilled hat to the pic.

i-zHbqFqr-M.jpg

i-mWMf4rq-M.jpg

Now I am intending to go thru the thread again to review all the gorgeous pics.

Best this evening, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Just marked a pic by Eric for my own comparative purposes. Silverbelly, Bone, & SilverMist. I need to mark your "tree pic" with all your hats. Thanks for posting the original, Eric!

IMG_6749.jpg

Got these marked so far, need a little help on the others.

IMG_6748.jpg

Jack; Glad the pics are useful. I have tried to answer your query in the above post: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/m-c-gannon-hat-company.83744/page-131#post-2413352

Eric -

The bone felt is dynamite. If their is a time when you desire a creme-ish hued hat this is the felt for you. The label bone is just such an accurate description of the hue.

i-nVSQ5CM-M.jpg

i-Q2mCKrQ-L.jpg

i-9zdfM79-M.jpg

Eric -

Michael has also tried to talk me into a bone. Maybe when the weather starts to cool off again?

I’m actually a little embarrassed by how many hats I’ve commissioned by giving the hatter a screen shot of one of your hats. I appreciate your style.

Brent.

The bone felt is dynamite. If their is a time when you desire a creme-ish hued hat this is the felt for you.
Eric, I always appreciate your pics taken outdoors. They are never blown out in direct bright sunlight & are the best judge of actual colors.

If Bone is creme-ish in natural light would it be fair to say that SilverMist is more white-ish with slight gray or blue/gray undertones? And is the Silverbelly typical of SB today with tannish undertones? I guess now I am more interested in the differences between SM & SB.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Eric, I always appreciate your pics taken outdoors. They are never blown out in direct bright sunlight & are the best judge of actual colors.

If Bone is creme-ish in natural light would it be fair to say that SilverMist is more white-ish with slight gray or blue/gray undertones? And is the Silverbelly typical of SB today with tannish undertones? I guess now I am more interested in the differences between SM & SB.

Thanks Jack for the kind comments. Like many of us, I make an effort to take pics that showcase the hat features and hues accurately.

Silvermist is exactly a cool white with the gray/blue undertones. When next to the silvermist the SB shows its warmer tannish tones. I do see the beaver silverbelly very similar to the vintage Stetson 25 OR's in hue. The silvermist felt is a bold felt in its silver white hue. Paired with grays/black and white combos of attire it is special.

i-Nc9TXF5-M.jpg

Above is a Gannon silvermist.

i-cgPnBfN-M.jpg

Above is a VS silvermist.

i-4D9sXcJ-M.jpg

Above is a Gannon silvermist.

I hope the pics assist. Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Here is a bluesmoke (VS felt) and the steel gray (Gannon) fedora shot Jack. Rain is imminent and the blue has a bit of a washed out hue this morning.

i-cmv3hb6-M.jpg

The underbrim shot of the bluesmoke shows the washed out blue effect of the overcast skies.

i-75xNZgh-M.jpg

Jack your bluesmoke felt is the same and you should be able to get a feel of the steel gray color.

Eric -

The bone felt is dynamite. If their is a time when you desire a creme-ish hued hat this is the felt for you. The label bone is just such an accurate description of the hue.

i-nVSQ5CM-M.jpg

i-Q2mCKrQ-L.jpg

i-9zdfM79-M.jpg

Eric -
I am sure enjoying these images of felt colors on beautifully finished hats Eric. My first foray into the Bone felt with the Lord's Hat has been positive. I think a more bone is in my future.

Here is a bluesmoke (VS felt) and the steel gray (Gannon) fedora shot Jack. Rain is imminent and the blue has a bit of a washed out hue this morning.

i-cmv3hb6-M.jpg

The underbrim shot of the bluesmoke shows the washed out blue effect of the overcast skies.

i-75xNZgh-M.jpg

Jack your bluesmoke felt is the same and you should be able to get a feel of the steel gray color.

Eric -
That's about the difference I expected. And it's a good example of how the Steel Gray appears to darken in overcast lighting conditions. I really like my BlueSmoke.

Thanks for making the comparison pic this morning!

PS: for the record I did change my copy of the tree pic to reflect the color as Steel Gray instead of Gray, & the key to SG.

i-cmv3hb6-M.jpg

i-75xNZgh-M.jpg

Eric -
Bluesmoke is an excellent shade. I have a steel on the block soon from NW. Going for a Whippet-esque look with a burgundy highlight. Your pictures are so inspiring Eric. I save many of them to my "Covet" hard drive file.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I am sure enjoying these images of felt colors on beautifully finished hats Eric. My first foray into the Bone felt with the Lord's Hat has been positive. I think a more bone is in my future.

Bone - gorgeous. I have really enjoyed this felt hue. Michael added the sage color insert and it really makes the ribbon work pop. Creme is a harder hue for me to wear in our winter, but the rest of the year (approximately 7 months o_O :cool:) it rocks.

That's about the difference I expected. And it's a good example of how the Steel Gray appears to darken in overcast lighting conditions. I really like my BlueSmoke.Thanks for making the comparison pic this morning!

You are welcome. If Michael had bluesmoke felt I would have to get in his que right away.

Scuttle

One of the Regulars

Thanks!

Scuttle; Sharp fedora sir! When you get a chance would you provide felt and ribbon color details? Thanks in advance.

First, thanks for all the helpful information and images you and others have provided!

MY HAT: first pictures Michael Gannon sent me, in other lighting:
cRIP3i7.jpg

7pb3TFC.jpg

Granite beaver felt with a 7/8" Steel Blue Ribbon
2 1/4" brim, unbound
Antique Brown Sweatband
Goal of a lower crown than most of you prefer-- that will possibly 'read' as similarly proportioned on my smaller head.

(I requested that the crease bring the hat to 4" or lower at the front and back, without requiring the telescoping required on most crowns to get there.)

(( I'm thinking Open Crown from the get-go, next time. o_O ))

I should have it in-hand, on-head, soon! :)

~ S.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks!

First, thanks for all the helpful information and images you and others have provided!

MY HAT: first pictures Michael Gannon sent me, in other lighting:
cRIP3i7.jpg

7pb3TFC.jpg

Granite beaver felt with a 7/8" Steel Blue Ribbon
2 1/4" brim, unbound
Antique Brown Sweatband
Goal of a lower crown than most of you prefer-- that will possibly 'read' as similarly proportioned on my smaller head.

(I requested that the crease bring the hat to 4" or lower at the front and back, without requiring the telescoping required on most crowns to get there.)

(( I'm thinking Open Crown from the get-go, next time. o_O ))

I should have it in-hand, on-head, soon! :)

~ S.

New hat day coming! I really like the granite felt. The steel blue ribbon is such a grand idea. Excellent. I can not wait to see the finished hat in real life and worn in your net post. Congrats!

Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24