Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

I let Michael choose. I usually leave a lot of the choices to him.

I’m in queue for two more after this one…this hobby has become more expensive than I thought when just starting. It’s also talking up more space than I’d ever have imagined. A dedicated hat room is in our plans for our retirement house.

I usually spec mine out. Someday I'll have to call him and just tell him to make me a hat and leave it at that.

Pellie

One Too Many
Damn...i have to pay 102,69 euro's extra custom clearance for the Gannon hat. I hope it's worth it and i think it is, but for me it's the last time i ordered overseas....
20211207_140957.jpg

Damn...i have to pay 102,69 euro's extra custom clearance for the Gannon hat. I hope it's worth it and i think it is, but for me it's the last time i ordered overseas.... View attachment 385493
I don't currently own one of Mr. Gannon's hats so I can't say whether or not that additional cost would be worth it. But that's approximately $116 US, and I can think of a lot of things I'd rather do with that money than hand it over to a government agency for doing a lot of nothing.

I don't currently own one of Mr. Gannon's hats so I can't say whether or not that additional cost would be worth it. But that's approximately $116 US, and I can think of a lot of things I'd rather do with that money than hand it over to a government agency for doing a lot of nothing.
Even worse is if I have items shipped via courier from Europe rather than Post Office is the courier charges anywhere from $50 - $100 dollars on top of the initial shipping cost for brokerage & handling. I am currently ignoring a bill from FedEx for an additional $50 for a $75 item.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
It sure dampens "international trade". I bought a guitar from Ireland last spring. The customs charges were - gulp - significant! I believe you will be impressed with Gannon hats, however.

Damn...i have to pay 102,69 euro's extra custom clearance for the Gannon hat. I hope it's worth it and i think it is, but for me it's the last time i ordered overseas.... View attachment 385493

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
It sure dampens "international trade". I bought a guitar from Ireland last spring. The customs charges were - gulp - significant! I believe you will be impressed with Gannon hats, however.

Seriously you picked up a Lowden or an Avalon guitar. They are dynamite! Killer resonating machines. I have owned a couple of Goodalls, with similar partials and long resonnance. I am down to my fav, a Goodall TROM (Brazilian and sitka). I am impressed as they are quite the guitars. Cheers.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Eric, mine is from the new kid on the block...near Belfast. OM Walnut and Sitka.

20210819_174816.jpg web-6281.jpg web-6210.jpg

Seriously you picked up a Lowden or an Avalon guitar. They are dynamite! Killer resonating machines. I have owned a couple of Goodalls, with similar partials and long resonnance. I am down to my fav, a Goodall TROM (Brazilian and sitka). I am impressed as they are quite the guitars. Cheers.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Eric, mine is from the new kid on the block...near Belfast. OM Walnut and Sitka.

View attachment 386140 View attachment 386141 View attachment 386142

Seriously grand guitar. It's legacy shows with the knot on the headstock. Congrats on the fine guitar sir.

Apologies for the quick diversion of topic. But really acoustic guitars - all things can be forgiven when it comes to acoustic guitars. Back to the thread featuring all things Gannon hats - I wore a blue Gannon Wanderer this morning.

i-xtDzSBQ-M.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Congrats on a New Hat Day!

The hat has some of those classical proportions. I think it appears very classy. I do like the ribbon and binding treatment. Cheers for your new hat. It is a well traveled new hat.

Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Eric. I like it very much indeed. It's the price and waiting time worth it. :)

Glad you like it. when you get some wear on the hat I would be interested to hear your observations of the hat in comparison to your other custom hats. I am interested in exploring the Scandinavian hat folks and am curious as to your reflections.

This morning was a Gannon hat morning for me also. I raise my coffee cup in toast to your new hat.

i-rthBxRd-M.jpg

Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21