Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.I.S.C.H.I.E.F. (Mainly In Stingily-Cut Hats Is Excellence Found)

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
I never wear stingies...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

superstingy.jpg

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Well, he's a junkie, no doubt. But kind of an interesting figure.

She is functionally illiterate, I'm told. But then, she doesn't make her living as a philosopher...

Tiller

Practically Family
Alucard73 said:
This is the only stingy I have and I love showing it off...wore it today in fact.
hats005.jpg

Ah the Rorschach hat very nice. Always a classic.

I like stingies but this guy is a tool. I'd burn my hats before I'd ever want to be associated with this clown. For the record, his "twig" of a girlfriend is also an idiot.
Maybe, I just don't have enough interest in pop culture, but I really have no idea who he is. Although I have heard of his girlfriend before.

Visigoth

A-List Customer
This Rorschach hat is my ideal stingy, I think: my issue with many of the 50s and 60s stingy-brimmed hats is that they tend to have low crowns, and serious taper. This one has a proper full crown -- no taper at all, right?

I find if you get a hat from the 20s or 30s with a small brim, the crown's generally very high -- this bashes into my perfect hat.

(Now where do you find one of those Rorschach masks with the flowing ink...)

Tiller

Practically Family
Visigoth said:
(Now where do you find one of those Rorschach masks with the flowing ink...)

Well it wouldn't be hard (expensive maybe but not hard) to make a white mask that has an outer coat with black liquid in between two pieces of plastic. Getting the black liquid to move around though, well that would be a bit more difficult.

Visigoth

A-List Customer
There seems to be some controversy over my choice of stingy icon. Maybe this guy will be more acceptable:

tomwaits1.jpg

Belegnole

One of the Regulars
Visigoth said:
There seems to be some controversy over my choice of stingy icon. Maybe this guy will be more acceptable:
Unless he's a member and takes umbrage.....go for it!

DonnieD said:
OK, since there is no W.I.S.C.H.I.E.F. thread (or is there?) I'm posting a pic of Mrs. DonnieD in her stingy brim.
I do believe that Women are mischievous too

Visigoth

A-List Customer
I'm already sick of the first stuff I threw together to make sense of the acronym MISCHIEF. We should find something gender-neutral. Perhaps:

Mostly In Stingily-Cut Hats is Excellence Found

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo