Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Madonna's Panama Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

santa fe

New in Town
madonna has been shown wearing the panama in the link below. It is interesting in that it appears to be a wide brimmed fedora, with flat brim and metal gusseted vents in the side. Anyone know who might make this hat or where to purchase?

Thanks!
12085803.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
santa fe said:
Thanks to those that offered actual suggestions. I hope this is not one of those forums where all the class clowns come out to play making their inane cutesy remarks like this guy and the two AH's that followed
You want an actual suggestion AH? The hat on madonna's head does not look like an actual Panama hat but more like one of those paper straw hats. Look at the thickness of the brim and the way the crown looks layered instead of woven.
Looks like I can be a smart *** too...

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
santa fe said:
Thanks to those that offered actual suggestions. I hope this is not one of those forums where all the class clowns come out to play making their inane cutesy remarks like this guy and the two AH's that followed

:rolleyes:

Rick Blaine

indycop said:
I think she wears one better!:D

No-llores-single-cover3.jpg

gloria.jpg

:icon_smil She's wearing a hat? :icon_smil

santa fe said:
...I hope this is not one of those forums where all the class clowns come out to play making their inane cutesy remarks like this guy and the two AH's that followed

Three clowns & counting... :icon_smil

art92101

One of the Regulars
Welcome to the Forum Santa Fe!

Mostly this is a very friendly forum. Stay a while and you will learn about hats...the good , the bad and the ugly. unfortunately you had the misfortune of posting a photo of a very generic (cheapo) hat. It may be Madonna's but it is a cheapo...regardless of designer label etc. I think its a spiral woven hat. Notice the generic black ribbon? she probably picked it up at the local drug store. it looks like something that the seasonal section at the drug store would carry.
A much nicer cuenca hat from Panama Bob will outlast/outclass the Madonna lid.

French

Familiar Face
agree with IndyCop

indycop said:
I think she wears one better!:D

No-llores-single-cover3.jpg

gloria.jpg

Ms. Estefan could make a "jughead jones" hat look good. Of course, all of the lovely lounge ladies also make their headgear look exceptional.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
French said:
Ms. Estefan could make a "jughead jones" hat look good. Of course, all of the lovely lounge ladies also make their headgear look exceptional.
I have seen a larger pic with the hat and it really is a nice hat Ms. Estefan is wearing. I don't know if it is a real panama but given her heritage I would bet on it being one.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Or she's got a dynamite fashionista dressing her for the shoot...:eusa_clap :D
Either way...she could really do alot for the hat industry!:D

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
Welcome to the FL

santa fe said:
madonna has been shown wearing the panama in the link below. It is interesting in that it appears to be a wide brimmed fedora, with flat brim and metal gusseted vents in the side. Anyone know who might make this hat or where to purchase?

Thanks!

Santa Fe - Welcome to the Lounge! :cheers1: I have to agree that this looks like a cheap hat. But if you like the style, panamabob.com or panamahatsdirect.com could make one with similar styling etc (probably minus the grommets with better quality). Cost could run anywhere from 50 plus shipping into the 999 for a super/top-of-the-line hat blocked by a custom hatter here. Best of luck (but be careful!- I bought my first Panama just to have a hat to wear in the summer- I can't seem to stop!!!) :whistling

carebear

Got here late.

Cheap hat, might as well have a Cuervo stamp on it.

I do like the fact she chose to wear one at all. Cheap or not, more hats = better.

hatsdirect seems to have a regular Spring sale on perfectly nice "single season" straw fedoras that look much nicer than that one for not much at all. I'm still on last years.

My next Panama will be one woven in SA and something I can keep for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24