Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Makeup to go with purple??

Emer

One of the Regulars
LisaFreemontSt said:
Have you thought about gold? When fall comes around, golden toned makeup looks lovely on most complexions. And with purple...it's like BAM! I would suggest a vintage style makeup...a neutral base on the lid with a shimmery brown in the crease. Then a deep plum or black liquid liner, winged out slightly. For the cheeks, I'd do a combination of a bronzer and a plummy pink and then a scarlet with golden flecks for the lips. It will all have a very dewy effect but still look smooth and classic. :)

Hmmm, perhaps I'll do a tutorial...haha!

That sounds gorgeous!

Can you go into a local department store and walk around to some of the make-up counters? They should be able to tell you what colors would look good with what you're wearing.

:eek:fftopic: Be careful: Remember that these places also just want to sell you make-up and they may end up piling on all sorts of things you "need." My mother and I had our make-up done for my wedding at the MAC counter and walked away with over $500 in merchandise! :eek: :eusa_doh: We returned nearly all of it the next day after we had a chance to go through it all and see what we needed compared to what they told us we needed.

Antje

One Too Many
Emer said:
That sounds gorgeous!

Can you go into a local department store and walk around to some of the make-up counters? They should be able to tell you what colors would look good with what you're wearing.

:eek:fftopic: Be careful: Remember that these places also just want to sell you make-up and they may end up piling on all sorts of things you "need." My mother and I had our make-up done for my wedding at the MAC counter and walked away with over $500 in merchandise! :eek: :eusa_doh: We returned nearly all of it the next day after we had a chance to go through it all and see what we needed compared to what they told us we needed.

OMG 500 bucks that's a lot, I always try to buy my make up without any help, I don't like it, but I see it also a lot cheaper bying make up without help

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
More on the liquid eyeliner thing... if the dress is modern or post-40s inspired, it will be perfect. But if this is a period wedding and is 30s or earlier, it isn't the best choice...

Emer

One of the Regulars
Antje said:
OMG 500 bucks that's a lot, I always try to buy my make up without any help, I don't like it, but I see it also a lot cheaper bying make up without help

We were sick when we realized how much had been spent! It was just so overwhelming having them do our make-up then shoving things at us. Once we got home and our heads stopped spinning we went through and seperated what we wanted to keep and what we wanted to return. The ironic thing is the brushes were what racked up our bill! Now I buy my brushes from e.l.f. and they work just as well--and they only cost $1!

roselily

One of the Regulars
Bronze in general makes me look dirty. I actually do gold on my eyes quite frequently- on me it works as a neutral. Maybe I'll do that- right now I'm waiting for my hair to set!

(the weddings today!!!)

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
roselily said:
Bronze in general makes me look dirty. I actually do gold on my eyes quite frequently- on me it works as a neutral. Maybe I'll do that- right now I'm waiting for my hair to set!

(the weddings today!!!)

A pink toned bronzer that is matte would be what you need. Wet N Wild makes a great one for less than 4$. :) I hope it all went well!

roselily

One of the Regulars
IMG_1193.jpg
[/IMG]Here's what I wound up going with]

Once I got the lips and cheeks done, I decided much eye would be overkill, so I just colored in the lids with a rose-gold pencil- the same I use on my brows (Benefit Gilded.) On me it's pretty much neutral. (Obviously this is before I got dressed, but you get the idea)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy