Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

measuring up

slightseconds

New in Town
Hi all, decided to go ahead and get a thedi shawl collar jacket and he's been in touch to ask for some measurements. Most are straightforward but arm length is a pain. From shoulder bone to narrowest part of wrist I'm getting 21.5" - but confusingly my aero a2 bronco has a 24'' arm and that's as short as it could be- no tunneling whatsoever and the arm doesn't appear to be bunching up much. 2.5'' seems like a big difference and the bronco shoulder seam appears to hit my shoulder in exactly the same place as I'm measuring my arm length from. Any advice appreciated, I don't want to end up with a jacket fit for a T Rex!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Yup - measure a jacket you own that fits you!

Yes, don't measure yourself - that'll get you the wrong size. A jacket that fits the way you want it too in a similar style. For a leather jacket substitute a denim jacket that fits reasonably trim is a good substitute. You may wish to add an additional inch to the back length.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
This is a stock size small
My dress shirts are 15/34
Sounds like we may not be too far apart in arm length
4579ec63cfd9fc4134eabdc7822a7d25.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Theodoros is very experienced, so he will tell you if something feels off about the measurements. I would recommend giving him the info you gave us here to see what he says.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Go to a tailor and get measured. Theodoros will provide photos showing what measurements are needed. Take them over whatever clothing you want to be able to wear under your jacket. Record the numbers and have someone also take photos showing how they lay the tape, and send it all to him.

Peacoat

Bartender
The proper way to measure your arm length is to get a slight bend in your elbow and measure from the shoulder down to the wrist on the outside. You shouldn't try to measure yourself this way, though. Go to a tailor or a seamstress and be measured by a professional. This is also the proper way to measure a jacket that fits you. But first ask Thedi how he wants it done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass