Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BeBopBaby said:
He was also an accomplished painter/artist.

Fred Gwynn was a good actor, and I enjoyed his characters. I was just making a joke on the comparison with Herman Munster. I didn't know Gwynn was an artist and painter. In that respect, their is no comparison between Gwynn and me (although I did paint my Grandmother's house back in 1974 if that counts). :D

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
ok so someone actually took some new pix of me at Tease-O-Rama (and what a great time) more on my myspace page......we call this one Prom at TOR

l_9644d9ac67e4471c17cda983e8f6bb47.jpg

Rooster

Practically Family
The ol' Rooster working his tail feathers off teaching a gun building class in Indianapolis all last week. Not vintage, but the guns are!
DSCN1118.jpg

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Me in my new favorite hat, photoshop improved from the original photo, the hat is my 1962 vintage USAF sateen light field cap. Can't believe I posted in this thread.

206091567_685324498_0_edited-1.jpg

dean

Moodle

New in Town
Dominic said:
Just don't try this at home or in your park! lol This is a squirrel I named Sue. I can usually recognize her easy because of a dark spot on her white underbelly. Sue is by far the "friendliest" of the bunch in the park.

xt087.jpg

I'll say--hope she at least bought you dinner...:)

Rooster

Practically Family
It's a British bush jacket from What Price Glory. The captain's rank are original and slip over the epalettes . The hat is an Akubra "Digger" or military campaign hat.

Rooster

Practically Family
I'm on a roll here. We'll call this page "The Page of the Rooster" in the future.lol
Just getting ready to go to see "To Kill A Mockingbird" on the big screen last night.
41a.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Rooster said:
I'm on a roll here. We'll call this page "The Page of the Rooster" in the future.lol
Just getting ready to go to see "To Kill A Mockingbird" on the big screen last night.
41a.jpg

You look great--I especially like how the pattern of your socks echo the pattern of your tie, and that hat is perfection.

Off topic, but did the movie get a good turn out? I've never seen that one on the big screen, I bet it was fun.

Rooster

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
You look great--I especially like how the pattern of your socks echo the pattern of your tie, and that hat is perfection.

Off topic, but did the movie get a good turn out? I've never seen that one on the big screen, I bet it was fun.
Yes, good turn out, the theater was almost filled. This was an original 35mm film, which is supposed to be some sort of big deal. Unfortunately, The quality on some reels was pretty poor. The woman that played Scout was there in person and answered questions after the show.
I was the only guy there that smelled of old wool and Brylcreem.....
lol

dr greg

One Too Many
digger

Rooster said:
It's a British bush jacket from What Price Glory. The captain's rank are original and slip over the epalettes . The hat is an Akubra "Digger" or military campaign hat.

At the risk of being pedantic, that is not the block traditionally associated with the digger's, or 'slouch' hat, as I recognise the iconic shape,
http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-uniforms/slouch_hat.htm
but as is revealed here,
http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-uniforms/slouch1939.htm
they obviously came from the factory originally looking like the one you have on, and were altered by the troops until their own block became the norm, we used to apply that look to our school hats by using two pencils to get the rake exactly right as you see below, this actually fitted me 40 years ago.
shu030aw6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112