Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mid-weight Highwayman ... having someone ?

Volpone

New in Town
Hello,
being my first post here, I want to thank all of you for the very useful information I found here, especially about the AERO jackets.

I want to buy a Highwayman in mid-weight seal / seal jerky HH and i want to know how it wears and if it develops some patina with time, since the colour seems to be pretty matte. My choice for a mid-weight HH is because I want a lighter jacket for spring/fall days and I already have a shearling one.
If someone is having one please put some photos.

Regards.

P.S. Maybe my english is not very good but I'm working on it.

Windward

Practically Family
Jerky Seal Horsehide for spring . . .

Tito said:
Hi Volpone, this is A-2 made of Seal Brown Jerky Horsehide with 5 years hard wear on it:

Hi Tito,
thanks for the photo - I am normally into heavy FQHH but I also think about a midweight (Windward with M422a satin lining) in seal brown jerky HH like volpone ask for. Does the photo you have posted shown jerky seal Horsehide sprayed onto a yellowish hide? I think I would like the development of the patina much more than the mostly used reddish one.

Ciao Volpone,
you are on the right place to get all the informations you like to have!
Tanti saluti!

Windward

Practically Family
Lets talk . . .

H.Johnson said:
Your English is better than some of us for whom it is teh native language!

Thank you H.Johnson,
with your post you encourage all those poeples who has not english as native language - so we can talk about our passion and not about grammer.

Windward

Tito

A-List Customer
Windward said:
Tito said:
Does the photo you have posted shown jerky seal Horsehide sprayed onto a yellowish hide?

Hey Windward, yes and Aeroleather says of its seal brown horsehide:

"Our Horsehide is made using the same basic tanning technique that was used by the AAF suppliers back in WW2. The top finish is sprayed onto a paler or contrast base hide, in this case Seal Brown sprayed onto a pale yellowish base hide."

Ciao

Windward

Practically Family
Pictures are always welcome . . .

Tito said:
Windward said:
Hey Windward, yes and Aeroleather says of its seal brown horsehide:

"Our Horsehide is made using the same basic tanning technique that was used by the AAF suppliers back in WW2. The top finish is sprayed onto a paler or contrast base hide, in this case Seal Brown sprayed onto a pale yellowish base hide."

Ciao

Thank you Tito,
Do you the lucky owner of that amazing jacket ???
Or do you own a jerky seal HH jacket which was manufactured this way (sprayed onto a yelloshish hide) Any close ups were greatly appriciated. By the way. . . also from other members . . .

Hasta luego!

Volpone

New in Town
Thank you Tito for the picture, anyone's invited to do that !
It developed a nice patina after five years ... I'm still undecided between seal and seal jerky, despite the fact that Mr. Sierra's Half Belt in vintage brown f/q looks incredibly/amazing and so on ... :eusa_clap

A nice day all !

Call Me Al

New in Town
Another new Highwayman fan

Hi Guys,

This seems like a good place for me to jump in since I just put in an order at AERO for a seal jerky Highwayman also.

What a great forum you have here. If someone told me a month ago that I would have spend so much time lurking in a forum dedicated to hat’s I would have called them crazy, but it’s been a real education.

My “Jacket evolution” has gone from thinking that I wanted an Indiana Jones style jacket to ordering the Highwayman with the action back similar to these (I hope the jacket owners don't mind me reposting their jackets).

Highwayman003.jpg

Jacket-8-copy.jpg

Jacket-9-copy.jpg

I’d like your opinions before I finalize my order. I’m 6'2" and weigh about 220. I usually wear a 46 long, but I get the impression that these jackets are pretty form fitting. I wanted the option of being able to wear a sweater under the jacket for those days when the weather gets a little chillier (I’m in the Atlanta GA area, so it seldom gets really cold), Mike has said that I could get a 47, so that I would have a little more room. But I also plan to lose about 20 pounds.

So, what do think, 46 or 47? I don’t mind the jacket being a little loose, but I don’t want to look like I’m swimming in it ether.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats