Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Monster Bash Videos ... show us how you bash!!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
That is just too adorable for words!
It's funny how they notice these things don't they...
totally .. I've never shown her how ... just always doing things like that in the house I guess ...
... maybe it's time to show her how on her little felt hat since she has displayed some interest.

she does the same thing on the drums ... she will go into my studio and start to copy what she sees me do

the apple doesn't fall far from the tree , as they say

EstherWeis

Vendor
totally .. I've never shown her how ... just always doing things like that in the house I guess ...
... maybe it's time to show her how on her little felt hat since she has displayed some interest.

she does the same thing on the drums ... she will go into my studio and start to copy what she sees me do

the apple doesn't fall far from the tree , as they say

Yeah, Zeger will put on my hats if he can reach them. And slightly tilted too.

Imitating is learning in a way, and if you both are musicians it really isn't surprising :)

Getting her a felt might be a great idea!
He's a bit too young still, he will just squash them if he can, but your little lady will do just fine! :)

And I might have said it before but I really do like her name!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Ha, yes I see what you mean.
I love how they can be so determined.

I'm gonna give the kiddo one of my old try out felts, it's a great idea actually.

He loves them but isn't really allowed to play so this will be fun for him.
So cute! I believe she went back and tried to recrease it again. Can just picture her Dad doin the exact same thing...

Cool thread. My perfectionism on some creases would probably be entertaining to some. It's real hard for me to go all willy-nilly with my crease. A little OCD coming out, I presume.

- Andrew
I think it all depends on the wearer's tastes and/or how and why we wear our hats. Some want them to be as perfect as possible all of the time, others like the look of an imperfect "creased by hand" crown. I fall into the latter crowd, but I also think a hat should look as "perfect" as possible if it's used primarily as a "dress" hat and worn with more formal attire like a suit.

I like my hats to start out with a crease that's reasonably "perfect" and "symmetrical". But I wear them casually, i.e. with tee shirts and jeans, so after that first crease I like to leave them alone and let them develop their own character. If they get a bit "wonky", so be it.

stetsonofagun

One of the Regulars
I think it all depends on the wearer's tastes and/or how and why we wear our hats. Some want them to be as perfect as possible all of the time, others like the look of an imperfect "creased by hand" crown. I fall into the latter crowd, but I also think a hat should look as "perfect" as possible if it's used primarily as a "dress" hat and worn with more formal attire like a suit.

I like my hats to start out with a crease that's reasonably "perfect" and "symmetrical". But I wear them casually, i.e. with tee shirts and jeans, so after that first crease I like to leave them alone and let them develop their own character. If they get a bit "wonky", so be it.
60% of the time, I'm casual every time.

- Andrew

I think if you're going to do the cattleman on a wide ribbon hat you've got to have one with 5 1/2+ inches of open crown height or they don't look right
db00681d-62e2-4f0f-a242-b5f531860097_zpsdrit62eh.jpg

This Mallory, for example is in the 5 5/8 inch open crown range. I got this hat from gdurand and wanted to make it different somehow so I tried the cattleman
I find myself using this more on my wider brim fedoras. It gives them a more teens/20s look. That one looks great that way Tommy.

safetyfast

One of the Regulars
I thought it could be interesting to put a bash in a virgin hat and capture it on video not knowing how it would come out or what would happen

hope you enjoy

Great video. I attempted to follow it for my new premier Stratoliner. Bask came out looking good but the hat hits the top of my head before the sweatband is seated around my noggin so it's back to the drawing board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Great video. I attempted to follow it for my new premier Stratoliner. Bask came out looking good but the hat hits the top of my head before the sweatband is seated around my noggin so it's back to the drawing board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah the strat has a lower crown than the Alessandria

before you pop out the bash try pushing up the inside of the diamond with the back of your hand from inside the hat and put some steam on it while you hold it there ... that often takes the tip from hitting your head in these situations

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy