Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Monster Bash Videos ... show us how you bash!!

Spudman

One of the Regulars

I think this thread would be a great place to put Roy's video. It's the one that taught me I didn't need to baby a hat. He soaks his in the shower.

(Moon, it's your thread. If you want it to be just forum members' vids I'll move this post.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Alright, I gave it a quick go.
I tried to be composed, but that went out of the window pretty fast. :)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

That was great... Thank you for that!!!

I love the sort of heel of your hand technique for the side dents... Never seen that before... Awesome

I also really like the last hat ... Looks like some great felt!!

liked hearing your voice as well...

I think the "boxy" look that you don't like on you looks great!
... but I do dig the more feminine rounded look as well.

.... and no need to be gentle on the hat in my opinion... :)

Really good stuff

EstherWeis

Vendor
That was great... Thank you for that!!!

I love the sort of heel of your hand technique for the side dents... Never seen that before... Awesome

I also really like the last hat ... Looks like some great felt!!

liked hearing your voice as well...

I think the "boxy" look that you don't like on you looks great!
... but I do dig the more feminine rounded look as well.

.... and no need to be gentle on the hat in my opinion... :)

Really good stuff

I'm glad you liked it.

Yeah the hand thing, think it originated from when I block them.
I pull and smooth with the same part of my hand.

The last hat is a beaver in what my supplier calls " natural".
It's a great color, very versatile.

Ha, no I'm never gentle. Nor am I subtle, i guess you see that in the person's hats.

Ha, I didn't think my accent would be so pronounced, terrible...

Thank you.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I'm glad you liked it.

Yeah the hand thing, think it originated from when I block them.
I pull and smooth with the same part of my hand.

The last hat is a beaver in what my supplier calls " natural".
It's a great color, very versatile.

Ha, no I'm never gentle. Nor am I subtle, i guess you see that in the person's hats.

Ha, I didn't think my accent would be so pronounced, terrible...

Thank you.

love the accent

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon, great video again! I'm impressed with that Borsalino. The felt looks like it's very much like good vintage felt. What do you think of it?

I have to tell you ... I'm impressed with the felt ... very light... very soft

they weren't all this light and soft thought so I'm glad I was able to pick in person ... they definitely varied

what was interesting was all the light gray hats were slightly heavier and felt more ... for lack of a better term... camp draft-ish.... but the dark brown, dark gray, and steel gray were all pretty soft and light ... this particular one felt most soft to me

but yes this particular hat has many vintage qualities ...

tommyK

One Too Many
Esther, well done! Really appreciate the feminine perspective on hats and shaping them.

Alan, great to hear your voice and see you shape that wonderful hat!

Moon, I think you just sold several new Borsalino Alessandrias! Well done as well! You made it look easy.

As I mentioned; when I get my new Camp Draft I'll do a video of shaping that for the first time (unless one of you fine fellows beats me to it). I expect it will be stiffer and thicker and more difficult to hold a shape. Which is what I think will make it useful to see.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Wow, I love this thread!!! I have gained some great tips and can't wait to try them out. Moon this was a great idea, just like your thread about what we do. So many great connections on this site. It is great to hear everyone's accent too. Esther, yours was awesome. Some day, when I have some more free time I will have to make a video too.

Kirk

tommyK

One Too Many
There really are some key tidbits in these videos that almost get lost. Roger's tip about the cattleman crease; that you shouldn't bring the side dents too far forward I've found to be especially important.

p.s. If I didn't say it before, great video, Roger! You guys have me thinking I've got to up my production value

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Esther, well done! Really appreciate the feminine perspective on hats and shaping them.

Alan, great to hear your voice and see you shape that wonderful hat!

Moon, I think you just sold several new Borsalino Alessandrias! Well done as well! You made it look easy.

As I mentioned; when I get my new Camp Draft I'll do a video of shaping that for the first time (unless one of you fine fellows beats me to it). I expect it will be stiffer and thicker and more difficult to hold a shape. Which is what I think will make it useful to see.

Tommy that will be awesome ... I'm not sure I'm brave enough to wrestle a virgin stiff camp draft on video.
I'll leave that to pros like you :)
...in all seriousness I'd love to see that.
It does add an element of excitement to bash a raw hat for the fist time while being filmed not knowing what will come out and also knowing other hat enthusiasts will see it.
Very much looking forward to your CD vid

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
There really are some key tidbits in these videos that almost get lost. Roger's tip about the cattleman crease; that you shouldn't bring the side dents too far forward I've found to be especially important.

p.s. If I didn't say it before, great video, Roger! You guys have me thinking I've got to up my production value

Definitely a valuable tip by Roger....that has been one reason I haven't felt comfortable in the cattleman crease ... It always looked wonky from the front.
Rogers tip has me thinking about which hat I will change to a cattleman now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner