Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moonlight

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Does anybody else watch Moonlight? (Vintage connection: the main character, Nick St. John, grew up in the 30s and 40s, was in the Battle of the Bulge, and was turned into a vampire by his bride in 1952.) I happened to be home for a couple of Friday nights and enjoyed this show.

Nick St. John photo

16_sparrows

Vendor
I watch it and love it. I'm a sucker for detective stories! Sounds like the writer's strike has been solved, so we may be getting some new episodes soon. I love the vintage cars he drives.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My wife and I like it but she heard it's on the bubble for discontinuing. I'm sure we need another cheaper to make "reality" show called Gay Farmboys in the Big City or similar.

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
Yeah I like that show. Was never a Buffy fan though.

Thing is they'll probably cancel it for another reality show like Twitch said.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Twitch said:
My wife and I like it but she heard it's on the bubble for discontinuing. I'm sure we need another cheaper to make "reality" show called Gay Farmboys in the Big City or similar.

It could be hosted by Big Gay Al, and I would be all OVER that. But I like Moonlight and don't want it to be replaced by a reality show of any particular sexuality.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Twitch said:

It looks like they have something like that on another network already. :confused:

Twitch

In all seriousness I can't begin to imagine what demographics they are looking at whenever they either invent or pull a program.

My wife and I are 60 and we like Moonlight. Certain most of you guy are in different age groups and you like it. What do they just worry about what under 20 year olds like?[huh]

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I think that's the criterion for movies; I know I was a lot less discerning about shows and movies when I was under 20.

Some shows need time to build up a following. Other shows unfortunately attract a lot of attention right out of the gate. They're salty, cheaply made, easily digested, and have little value. Kind of like a bag of Cheetos.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I don't watch many shows and wasn't interested in this show.
However, thanks to y'all I will probably give this a chance.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Tonight is the season finale. Since I missed so many episodes, I've added Moonlight to my Netflix list (although they don't have it yet).

BegintheBeguine

Oh, yes, I watch Moonlight. I even got my mom to start watching it by telling her it's not scary and the guy is cute. I don't lie. I miss the boyfriend, though, I really liked him, but his girlfriend wasn't good enough for him, so of course she's not good enough for Mick either and I can see how killing the boyfriend off fit perfectly into the entire plot but killing him off? So final. Well, that's the undead life for you.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I think my mom would like this show, too, but she's been too ill to watch much of anything. She's a sucker for good-looking men. :)

Sounds like I missed a LOT on all those Friday nights I wasn't home!

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
It looks like Moonlight has been supplanted by a show called The Ex List. :cry:

At least it's not another "reality" show. Nevertheless, I don't think I'll be taping a show about a woman on a wild goose chase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy