Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Aero 1930's Half Belt

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
I got the jacket while I was in Dublin; it was the only thing to make me want to come home so soon.

The jacket (made by Janet) is outstanding and the fit spot on! It's slightly longer than it should be because I'm always cold on my lower back during winter :D

The only alterations are corduroy lining for the pockets, a bi-swing back and the Stuart of Bute Modern Tartan.

borisna

A-List Customer
looks amazing !!! love the tartan , now i'm thinking to change the lining in my order to this :)

I

Ian

Amazing jacket there Speed!!! The fit looks perfect!!!! Nothing like the smell of new leather!!

Congrats!!

Ian

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Yes it's my first Aero, I was surprise how stiff it is! But I love it, now I can't wait to have colder weather (not for awhile I'm afraid)

I'm glad I followed Amanda's advice concerning the sizing of the jacket!

Last edited:

Forrest

Familiar Face
That's flippin' gorgeous. You own a Nowak Surrogates jacket, right? How would you compare the two?

D

Deleted member 16736

Great jacket

How's the fit? It looks a lot leaner than some of their other models. Very trim and stylish. Wear it in good health.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Bonsoir! C'est une Halfbelt tres formidable! J'aime la coup de la veste et la coleur est tres intense. C'est un bon choix!

Great choice of leather and lining. I like it a lot. The 30s HB is so simple yet classy and stylish. I know that it will be quite warm but hot summer days are ideal for breaking FQHH in. Higher outdoor temperatures make the leather a lot softer und the jacket will be more flexible right from the start. The spray bottle technique works a treat in warm weather as well. Evenly mist your jacket with hot distilled water, shape collar and sleeves to taste and sit down wearing your jacket until its dry...

Cooperson

One Too Many
Superb looking half belt! Nice even color hide, beautiful tartan and a perfect fit. There is nothing quite like your first Aero - the heft and feel of new front quarter horsehide, the wonderful smell that permeates the house - enjoy every minute of it!

Would love to see it again when it's broken in a bit. Great jacket, enjoy!

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Thank you all for your nice comments and advice in breaking the leather.

If I have to compare my Surrogates and my Aero I would say it is similar in quality, the Aero weight more than the TNO but one is horsehide and the other is cowhide.

I can't compare the fit because I lose some weight and now my Surrogates is too big and I ask Aero to make the jacket longer because it was the only think I dislike on my Surrogates, the jacket was too short for my taste even if it's suppose to be this short. I hope I answer your questions.

I'll post some pics when the jacket will be break in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass