Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My dear friend passed away today

Trickeration

Practically Family
Those of you who know me probably remember that every November I knock myself out dancing in a 24 hour cancer danceathon to raise money for cancer research. And you probably also know that one of the people I danced for was my dear friend Nikki. Today she lost long battle with cancer. And though I know she is now with our Lord and free of pain, I'll still miss her terribly. Please keep her family and friends in your prayers, especially her husband of only 3 1/2 months, Wolf. He's been with her through it all. If you have it on hand, play Moonlight Serenade for them. Nikki would always gaze lovingly up Wolf while he played that song with our band. Thanks for letting me share. Teresa (aka Trix)

41287637sk7.jpg

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
What sad news, I'm so sorry for your loss Trickeration. My thoughts are with you, and Wolf during such a difficult time. *Big hug*

Brooksie

One Too Many
Thank you so much Trix for sharing this with us...the sad news about your special and very precious friend. My heart and prayers go out to you, wolf, family and friends. Moonlight Seranade has always been a very special piece of music for me, I will play it. Also it is a scary situation, I know because I have to go in for a biopsy in June.

xo
Brooksie

Trickeration

Practically Family
Thank you. Also keep Deckard, WildRoot, Lucky Kat and Brigadier (she taught the dance lesson at the QM last year) in your thoughts and prayers as well. I forgot to mention in my post that they were also very close to her.

Brooksie- I'll pray for you, too. Please keep us posted. You've got a lot of support around here.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I consider myself good with words, but I am always at a complete loss for words in these situations. So I will simply say I'm sorry.
I recently lost a family member, so I can sympathize.

(Don't worry Brooksie, you'll be fine.)

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
With Sympathy

I will keep you all in my prayers. I am so sorry for your loss.
I'll keep you in my prayers too Brooksie.

Joie

FedoraGent

One Too Many
My Condolences

Trix,

I'm very sorry to hear about Nikki. Words can't describe the loss that you and others that knew her are going through. As someone to whom has lost someone so close as you have, I understand that this is very difficult for you. Just know we're all here for you and please give our love and condolences to Wolf. This one is for you and Nikki.

Take care Trix, let us know if you need anything,

FG.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I never met Nikki but that photograph says so much about what a lovely person she must have been. I'm glad she had so many people that loved her and that can support each other in this dark time. Love and prayers to all, especially The Wolf.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Trickeration, I am sorry for your loss.

I lost my dog to cancer yesterday. I know that is not on the same level as losing our human friends, of course.

You did a great thing by raising money for research. I'm sure that was an inspiration and comfort to your friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo