My first jacket worthy of this lounge, just joined - AERO!

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by MOTO, Jan 8, 2018.

1. MOTO

MOTO Banned

New here. Just got my very first "custom" jacket this morning! (it was custom made for somebody else, but it's still custom! I got it used.) Aero 1930's Half Belt, size 42, (Black?) Vicenza Italian Horsehide Leather!

Um . . . WOW! I'm 42 and so is my chest. It took my entire life to move up to this level of attire. I've been frugally trying to cheap out thus far, but this jacket just flipped the scripts!

It's not just the leather - it has SOUL, I effin' swear. As soon as I donned the mahf-k, it was OVER. This is a grail jacket, and I think I got lucky with the fit. I've never had high-arm-holes before, but my pits are loving the cozy cuddling. It doesn't look black to me. It looks like a very dark (seal?) brown. The olive colored stitching could be throwing my color-senses off, but next to other black leather, this jacket could be much more blacker.

Here's a fit pic of the new hide! (6' tall, 183 lbs, 42" chest, 34-36" waist) I'm wearing a semi-thin fleece hoody under it:

ME-JAN-8-2018.jpg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  2. MET

MET A-List Customer

Nice jacket and perfect fit. But smoking ruins the magic. ;)

MOTO likes this.
  3. MOTO

MOTO Banned

Thanks! Smoking in the jacket "christens" it for me! :D

bond, G'c, too much coffee and 2 others like this.
  4. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Looks great.
    Congratulations!

MOTO likes this.
  5. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Nice....your waist does not look anywhere near a 36...

MOTO likes this.
  6. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

Welcome to the Lounge! Jacket fits as if it was made for you, spot on! Congratulations and wear it in good health!

MOTO likes this.
  7. MOTO

MOTO Banned

Thanks! I wear a 34 waist in Levis, but 36 in Carhartts, so maybe 35? I feel like a fat whore...

Mark likes this.
  8. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

Good choice, looks perfect on you, and smoking is cool, no matter what people say :D

9. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

Like the jacket and the pics! Congrats.

Worf

MOTO likes this.
  10. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

Yeah that's a great fit. Welcome to the Lounge!

MOTO likes this.
  11. Cooperson

Cooperson One Too Many

Great find, great fit, somehow I doubt it will be your last Aero. Welcome to the lounge.

MOTO likes this.
  12. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Great pics, and I know what you mean about the Aero. Wait'll you see it five or ten years down the line. Welcome aboard.

MOTO likes this.
  13. bobm

bobm A-List Customer

Yep, nice jacket and the fit is spot on.

MOTO likes this.
  14. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

You got a very good fit for your first jacket. That Vicenza hide is the business. It may well be a seal brown as they have that shade in the Vicenza. It is a great color. If it is truly black, it should be black. Or it may be that their tea core black has some brown in it. Don't know as I have never seen a tea core. Some of our other members who have had the tea core will know.

Carhartts are closely fitted. With a 34" waist I am surprised you can wear a size 36 in the Carhartt. I go up two sizes so they aren't so tight.

Welcome to the Lounge.

Fanch and MOTO like this.
  15. bobm

bobm A-List Customer

Smoking is so, so not cool for a bunch of well known and obvious reasons. And you don't have to work at a cancer hospital - as I do, to understand that.

Carlos840 likes this.
  16. What has this got to do with his jacket..?? I don't smoke any more..but must some of us scold someone as if they were a child..??

17. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Great jacket! And yes, let's leave the jabs at smoking elsewhere. Certainly a grown man knows all there is to know about what he's doing.
    Enjoy the (first) jacket!

bn1966, Edward, tropicalbob and 2 others like this.
  18. bobm

bobm A-List Customer

Well, I am assuming this was meant for me and I am not scolding or lecturing anyone, whether someone chooses to smoke or not is their business. I was simply responding to someone saying (jokingly) that smoking is cool. Because it ain't.

Bartender Edit: Ok, and by this point, everyone's had a fair shot at this one: time to leave it alone and stick to the main issue: the leather.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2018
    Carlos840 likes this.
  19. technovox

technovox One Too Many

You might have an earlier version of the Vicenza Dark Seal. From what I understand, the earlier run of the Vicenza "Dark Seal" hides typically looked almost black. At least my Dustbowl is like that. It looks black, until I put it next to a truly black leather jacket. My Dustbowl is just now getting some brown highlights showing through. Later runs of the Dark Seal Vicenza had a bit more of a saturated brown. Looks great on you!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    MOTO likes this.
  20. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

great fit and cool pictures!

MOTO likes this.