Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MY LATEST HAIRCUT.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I did this one myself. I have Wahl clippers, which are a dream, but when I started to taper the sides it became very difficult without a triple mirror setup, so I settled on shaving them down to a zero. To me it looks very entre les deux guerres. I'm rather pleased. Comments?

DSCF3521.jpg

DSCF3520.jpg

flat-top

Great period cut!
Mine's similar, but much longer on the top, so it's tough to maintain and keep in place. I can't bring myself to cut it though.

Dr Doran

Thanks ... I'm hoping it will scare my students into paying attention in class ...

As for keeping it in place, there's a whoe thread on hair gels vs waxy tres flores pomade type stuff. At the moment I've got Dep Brilliantine in it.

flat-top

Doran said:
Thanks ... I'm hoping it will scare my students into paying attention in class ...

As for keeping it in place, there's a whoe thread on hair gels vs waxy tres flores pomade type stuff. At the moment I've got Dep Brilliantine in it.
Oh, I've got the pomades and waxes in effect, but with extra short sides, the hair from up top still finds a way to flop down!

Dr Doran

LocktownDog said:
Yes it does. :eusa_clap

Would you consider posting the Dillinger shot? I cannot picture it in my mind at the moment. It is possible that it never registered when I saw it, or even that I have never seen it (less possible, but still possible).

Dr Doran

Funny you should say that. I cut it Wednesday night, but on Thursday I wore a newsboy/Paddy cap to teach because I wanted to let it grow out a few days before letting my students see it.

A cap will hide it and what was it they said in the bible about hiding your candle under a basket? (I cannot remember at all -- not which book it was in, not even which testament, which is pretty pathetic on my part. I cannot even remember the point of the image.)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Hidest not thy dome beneath thy cap.

I believe the point was to, "let your light shine and not hide it beneath a basket".

Jay

Practically Family
Very Dillinger-esque hair, Doran. Bold, and cool, might I add.
For reference:
08-07-2005.NT_07dillinger.GT41LGHED.1.jpg

Also: Miss 1929, Fats Domino is still alive, at least at the time of this post.

Dr Doran

Thanks, gents. And ladies. My barber wouldn't do it either. He calls this a "piss cut."

"Why is that?"

"Because they used to use a chamberpot on your head and cut around it to get that cut."

Yuck. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Let's hope they washed it out first!

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
flat-top said:
Oh, I've got the pomades and waxes in effect, but with extra short sides, the hair from up top still finds a way to flop down!

Doran it looks very Dillon for sure!! and I think it looks sharp on you, must have taken some nerve to do that. Wow, flattop yours is much longer than that.. guess you would have to keep it heavily waxed and pomaded pretty much every day. Hope you keep it for awhile Doran, it's nice to see people experiment and not be afraid to try something new!!:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael