Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Aero Dustbowl

KIT

New in Town
DUSTBOWL JACKET copy.jpg

Attachments

• DUSTBOWL JACKET.jpg
    DUSTBOWL JACKET.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,718

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
The whole outfit is incredible! Is the jacket new or just new to you? The sleeves and texture in general look well broken in.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Great look but need more info. As mentioned, the body and sleeves look like a well broken jacket but the collar suggests otherwise.

KIT

New in Town
I think the back may give it away also.The jacket is three months old and purchased from the Aero sales section.The little fella on my right shoulder told me to buy it, the little fella on my left shoulder, told me ...your missus is going to kill you, well.....still here. I wear the jacket around the house, and every chance i get to put it on to try and break it in.Oh and that little fella is back now looking at the Aero Bootlegger.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic stuff. Looks as if it was made for you. Is that hide seal or just brown?

I was wondering the same. Maybe good old brown FQHH? At least it looks like it could be in the second lot of photos.

Nice jacket and perfect fit btw.

KIT

New in Town
Thank you, it was on the Aero sale site, I was in two mind's as to get it or not, but my trigger finger got the better of me.
The jacket is true to the photo colour and is a size 44, and shoulder to sleeve is 25inch.

Leatherman

New in Town
Hi KIT,

I just stumbled over this older thread. The outstanding picture in starting post looks truly 1930's till the core. I never liked woolen Cardigans, but your picture completely changed my mind. In combination with perfectly fitting bakers boy cap, collarless shirt and the scarf in plain camel, the entire combo looks as good as it gets.

The short Cardigan in mottled grey has just the perfect length, barely covering the belt, but still riding high. I guess the Cardigan's four football shaped buttons are made of leather. May I ask you for a source of the Cardigan, is it still distributed by anyone?

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
The short Cardigan in mottled grey has just the perfect length, barely covering the belt, but still riding high.

I’d wager those trousers don’t have a belt, but are cut high for braces - hence the right length for a short cardigan.
I wear a similar combo with my Journeyman.

Leatherman

New in Town
@Dr H:
One thought more. At the moment, we don't know if KIT wears a Cardigan, or a button-front waistcoat. It's hard to tell from the picture.
Anyway, the deep v-cut of the waistcoat teams up perfectly with the camel scarf. As he puts the scarf straight into the waistcoat, I would guess the scarf's length is fairly short, not exceeding approx. 55 inches (140 cm), otherwise it would protrude at hem of waistcoat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters