Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Monticristi Fino

Missouri Mason

Familiar Face
Charlz,
Nice video review, and that looks like a great panama. Does the silk liner retain heat? It seems like any liner would insulate the head, and prevent the hat from wearing as cool as possible.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Charlz,
Nice video review, and that looks like a great panama. Does the silk liner retain heat? It seems like any liner would insulate the head, and prevent the hat from wearing as cool as possible.

If I remember correctly the liner in that hat can be lifted right out, either for cleaning and replacing or to keep the lid a bit cooler........

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Does the silk liner retain heat? It seems like any liner would insulate the head, and prevent the hat from wearing as cool as possible.
It might make a little difference but these finely woven hats don't wear that cool anyway. The dirty little secret about Panamas: the finer the weave the hotter the hat.

Personally, for hot weather I prefer a vented straw......

Missouri Mason

Familiar Face
It might make a little difference but these finely woven hats don't wear that cool anyway. The dirty little secret about Panamas: the finer the weave the hotter the hat.

Personally, for hot weather I prefer a vented straw......

I guess it works out for me, since I'm unlikely to spend a lot on a straw hat anyway. It seems like something alway happens to straws, no matter how careful I am.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Very true the finer weave doesn't vent well but if you want both fine weave and venting, try a Montecristi Semi Colado ...

2v1lnpw.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot