Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Treasure From Art

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BREATHTAKING

is too weak a word, that is exquisitely lovely, superb & any other superlatives you can come up with... outstanding.
Now, repeat after me;

"When a man's partner is killed, he's supposed to do something about it. It doesn't make any difference what you thought of him. He was your partner and you're supposed to do something about it. And it happens we're in the detective business. Well, when one of your organization gets killed, it's-it's bad business to let the killer get away with it, bad all around, bad for every detective everywhere."

humphrey_bogart_hat_215.gif

Razzman

One Too Many
Sweet looking lid. Congratulations:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
If you don't mind, please share the dimensions of the hat, crown and ribbon etc. Thanks

Stoney

Practically Family
Tight pinch

Depends on how stiff the hat is. If you want it really tight like that,
and can't get it to stay in, try steaming it then pinch it with a small clip like a clothes pin, be sure to put something between the clothes pin and the hat to ensure that you don't leave a depression or mar where it is clamped. Let it dry then take the pin off.

PS. Only do this if you want it to stay like this, rather than the way Art blocked it.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Lawman said:
I am trying to get that punch to take. What is the best way, to steam it in?

Thanks.

Spectacular! Is that Blue Smoke?
Anyway, try a little steam on the pinch, first. I usually just hold it in place for a few minutes after the steam. Or, if you have water you trust (distilled or spring), dampen the pinch with cool water and hold in place. Don't squeeze hard. Just enough to hold it.
NB

cooncatbob

Practically Family
That's a swell looking hat, I don't see one like it on Art's VS site. I just sent in my conformer today and seeing the wonderful hats that Art makes and how pleased everyone is with their new treasures has really got me Jazzed.:eusa_clap

luvthatlulu

Suspended
I'm going to try a new tactic here...

I just don't think the hat looks right for you. Contact Art right away and have him make another...just send that one to me and I'll see that it is properly disposed of. No charge. Seriously...no charge.

You know I'm kidding...right? :eusa_clap ;) :eusa_clap

playitagainsam

New in Town
Hi Lawman,

I have been searching for this design. It is an awesome hat. How long did it take him? I wonder if he can reproduce it? Could you measure it and give us the scoop on it? Congratulations! If you ever want to sell it . . . I'm a size 7 1/4 joe average. I promise I'll never mistreate it

:)

Lawman

One of the Regulars
I don't think it is a standard model. I told him I wanted something like Bogey wore in the Maltese Falcon, and there it was. It took almost no time at all, just a couple weeks. It was a pure delight working with Art, and I could not be happier.

Next up: a broader brimmed something in light tan. I'm hooked.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Wow, that hat is absolutely amazing - I love the brim, it is not overly wide, just right IMO. Great.

PS - don't steam it. If you want a slightly tighter pinch just hand work it over time. The pinch is really classy right now, and it'd be a shame to have an artificially tight pinch on a spanking' new hat. Let time take care of it - remember, that hat will last you for decades, plenty of time to think about the pinch later on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou