Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Vanson Comet in brown horsehide

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Hello,

inspired by the thread of Pushrod this is my first post. Nice to meet you here! It´s a pleasure to see your jackets and to notice that I´m not alone with my craziness.

The Vanson Comet was my first love and it is still one of my favorites. It was my gateway drug! First I added this post to Pushrod´s post, but I decided to open a new tread. Hope you don´t mind!
I´ve the luck to own one in horsehide. The leather is outstanding thick and built for multiple lifetimes. It´s a 46 with a riri zipper. On the pictures you can see the Streamliner vest inside. The lining is the same as Pushrod´s famous Comet has.

See:
110310114652_P1090432.JPG

110310115655_P1090428.JPG

110310115743_P1090424.JPG

110310115828_P1090427.JPG

The arms could be a little bit longer, but.....

So long

gancho

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Yes, sleeves are a little bit short, but I wear this one as a casual jacket.

I would like to have the same a size smaler and 2inch longer in the body and 2 inch longer sleeves. But I have heard that Vanson do not have horsehide in stock.

Has anybody more detailed information about the horsehide situation at Vanson?

JanSolo

Practically Family
Hello and welcome to this crazy place!
Great looking jacket you have. I never thought a Vanson would be that tailored and trim fitting...the overall fit is indeed very european. The leather looks very good. Some nice creases and folds on the sleeves and the surface already shows some minor signs of general wear and tear. The colour is lovely. More of a true brown compared to the slighty reddish brown of Aero jackets. And I also like the belt. Is it an Artelier La Durance?

Viele Grüße, Jan

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Thanks for your comments.

The color is a little bit different to the AERO brown and also the leather is not the same. A few weeks ago someone posted about his Vanson horsehide jacket and told that the leather is outstanding. The leather of this Vanson is still very stiff after about 2 years of wearing. It is not in heavy use but my AERO in heavy frontquarter was smoother after the same time. Wearing the Vanson I feel bulletproof. I will ad a photo of the back this evening. It´s a one piece back.

@Jan: Ja, der Gürtel ist von Atelier La Durance. If you think about buying one, try first! Normally I need a 90 cm lenght, this 85 cm and it is in the last whole.

Within the next days I would llike to show you my other jackets.

Regards

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
ukali1066 said:
I think the length and sleeves are fine....too many people wear their sleeves too long

I have to disagree.
Too many people think the right length is where the hand begins.
This is to me like wearing pants that stops before the foot.

The jacket is outstanding!!

pipvh

Practically Family
That is a very nice jacket, and I agree with ukali1066 - the sleeves are a perfect fit on you. Sleeves on leather jackets are always either too long or too short on me for some reason, so I'm envious...

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Thx pushrod!

This I bought from ebay for a really nice prize. Looking down the Vansons webside, I could not find any hint, that they are offering horsehide anymore.

So i´m proud to own one. I have had an other one in black horsehide customized with splash pocket. Sold to a friend. I ´ll try to get some photos of the black one.

So long

Oliver

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner