Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My visit to Henri Henri hats in Montreal...

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Hi,

Yesterday my wife and I took a trip to Henri Henri hats as part of our short vacation in Montreal. I want to start by saying that the people at the shop were super-amazingly nice (so far everyone in Montreal seems so friendly!) They have a decent selection of hats. Your usual modern Borsalino, a large selection of modern Stetson and a VERY nice collection of Panniza but, unfortunately, the one I liked was sold out in my size. They had a decent bunch of Akubra, mostly western and a couple of fedora style but also no luck with my size. They offer a good selection of news boy caps and straw hats (mostly Bailey (sp?) and Borsalino) The prices seemed very similar to the U.S if not a tad cheaper. Tax included the Akubra I wanted was $160 Can. Dollars.

The man who helped me told me that Biltmore is going through a lot of finincial problems and most likely will go under very soon. Sad news.
I asked if they'd let me take a couple of pictures and they only agreed when I told them that I was a member of the fedora lounge. One of the guys even wrote down my user nickname! he said they use the Lounge all the time as reference!:eusa_clap

Here are the shots, not the best but will give you an idea. BTW the hat I'm wearing is my Borsalino rollable and, I have to tell you, so far this hat has earned so much of my respect. It took 2 heavy rains already and one roll at a restaurant and it dried perfectly and came back to shape. I know some of you are reluctant to believe about the quality of modern Borsalinos, but this one, my friends, is superb!

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

[/IMG]
IMG_0028.jpg

As an added treat, I went to La casa del Habano, and enjoyed the pleasures of a cuban Cigar.
IMG_0037-1.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
Great shots! :eusa_clap Did you get any shots in the LCDH? Would love to see them in the cigar thread.:D

I didn't. The guy in the shop told me he was uneasy with the idea of me taking pictures without the manager approval. I didn't push it. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner