Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need ideas

RainEdayWoman

Familiar Face
Hi there, I have been browsing this forum for some time this is my first post so please be kind :)

Anyway, I have been contemplating having some 50's era bombshell/vixen type pinup photos taken. I have a friend that is a photographer and she is really urging me to take the leap and let her do the shoot. Anyway, I need some good ideas, (hair and makeup I have covered, I am a cosmetologist with experience in printwork) it is mainly clothing etc. ideas I am looking for.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hi,

Id take a look at the sticky at the top of the forum for a general idea of what look you want to go for. There are also some 'vixen' inspired attire in the vintage clothing thread that can lead to sites with more information. There are quite a few pin up ladies here, who I am sure are more than willing to offer some ;) of their secrets.

Good luck, and welcome.

LD

ohairas

Call Me a Cab

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi, and welcome to The Lounge:)

Your photo shoot sounds so exciting. Along with the above mentioned websites and threads, I really like The PinUp Cafe. They have some pretty good PinUp pictures, as well as facts and links. The pictures might help give you an idea about what to wear and poses too. Elvgren art is wonderful. Atomic Pinup is another good site, although not as comprehensive as The Pinup Cafe. I hope you find this somewhat helpful. I'm sure other gals will have lots of other ideas. Good luck and keep us posted as to how it goes.

Daisy

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I have some great book-tipps I can offer:

The history of Mens magazines Volume 1-2
1000 Pin up Girls
The great American Pin up
Bernard of Hollywood

I´m sure you will find tons of inspiration there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred