Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need some help, please

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
This is a bayonet i believe my grandfather brought back from either North Africa, Sicily or Italy and I figured some of you could help me date it, or tell me what Allied or Axis force used it or whatever. Anything is great, thanks so much! :)

and i apologize in advance for the muddled picture...cell phone...i can get more detailed shots if it would help..just holler...

th_Bayonet.jpg

kampkatz

Practically Family
Have you carefully checked for any markings? Use a magnifying glass and if there is any embeded dirt wash it off with a good detergent(steel will not be any the worse, since it has been exposed to somany years of humidity and other elements.) I have a Japanese bayonet that looks similar and there are definite markings to identify it as such.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Judging by the straight blade and the hooked quillion it could also be a rare P1907 SMLE bayonet and check the site linked in this thread under the United Kingdom. Look at your marking and see if you can find the "Broad Arrow" ordinance markings.

Cheers!

Dan

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
DanielJones said:
Judging by the straight blade and the hooked quillion it could also be a rare P1907 SMLE bayonet and check the site linked in this thread under the United Kingdom. Look at your marking and see if you can find the "Broad Arrow" ordinance markings.

Cheers!

Dan

I don't think so...very very very similar but the only markings on mine are these:

Bayonet2.jpg

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
positive it's japanese, "Manufactured circa 1937-'45, by Kokura-Tokyo Arsenal...4 stacked cannonballs for Kokura-Tokyo and an hourglass shape for Kokura" thank you Rob for the site...says their not rare but not not many are found in good condition...mine is in pretty good shape, scabbard too...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot