Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Negan's Jacket

That's the reason I don't watch TV series. The first season is usually okay-ish, because someone had an idea of some sort but the rest of it is always based on what people want to see and since people are, for the most part... well, people, the series always turns out trash.

But it's all just an advertising vessel anyway...

Speaking of fantasy jackets, did anyone notice the... that guy from the Walking Dead, the one all the chicks drool over, Norman Reedus, wears a Buco J-100 in the newest Silent Hill video game? Well, at least his 3d counterpart.

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Not sure I'd say any of these shows are trash - the acting and writing is often exceptional but I just find there's only so much of the material I can tolerate. Life is too interesting to spend all those hours watching endless variations of the same thing on TV.

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't mean trash-trash, just that the overall direction of most shows goes south. I mean, take House. The character from the first season is literally a completely different person compared to the second season onward. And then the stupid love plots... They always stick in some inane love plots. The Walking Dead pilot was excellent. Few words spoken, just atmosphere and horror of the dead and rotting world. And then, episode after episode after episode of zoomed in faces flapping their lips.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
did anyone notice the... that guy from the Walking Dead, the one all the chicks drool over, Norman Reedus, wears a Buco J-100 in the newest Silent Hill video game? Well, at least his 3d counterpart.

This made me laugh, Mon - I've never played a video game or heard of this thing.

This made me laugh, Mon - I've never played a video game or heard of this thing.

I don't care much for it either but my girlfriend loves that game (something about the incredible depths of the story-line in these games, I don't know...) and she was ecstatic about this guy being in a new one, so we had to watch the stupid gameplay video together (you don't even get to see Reedus at all) and I just noticed the jacket is looking a lot like Buco.

The game is very scary because of the utterly original and unseen horror scare tactic of doors slamming shut on its own. Much like in Nosferatu, only a hundred years later.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I was watching that jacket also. I too thought Buco "lite" as I was watching him tearing up the scenery with his over-acting. Seam down the middle of the back lost it for me.

Worf

lol my girlfriend has been angry all day because that Negan guy supposedly killed someone and they didn't show who it was. Or at least that's what I understood from her raging. I could be way off, but some horrible injustice has been done to the loyal fans of the show and now I have to suffer for it...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The showrunners have a habit of playing a bit loose with the original comic book, but if your gf checks, she'll see who was marked out for death. It's a brutal show as far as fan loyalty goes. There is little point in becoming too fond of anyone, as it usually means they'll be killed in some horrific way. Denise the nurse, for instance, gave a fantastic rallying speech to two other characters, and was rewarded for her efforts with a crossbow bolt through her eye!

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm wondering how easy it is for Negan to wash Glenn's blood off his jacket...

I'm not convinced it was Glenn. Yes, I know that Negan kills Glenn in the comic book. On the other hand, Abraham was supposed to receive the arrow instead of Denise. Therefore, I suspect that the producers may have preserved Abraham for Negan. Consistent with the comic books, the producers have shown a willingness to kill *almost* anyone. On the other hand, they have never killed anyone as popular as Glenn. With tens/hundreds of millions of dollars hanging in the balance, the producers might not be willing to polarize a significant portion of their fan base by killing Glenn. Abraham's demise is much more palatable to most. Makes for fun speculation. It will be interesting to watch the reports when filming of the next season commences . . . fans will be closely watching who shows up, and does not show up, at the Atlanta area film sites.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I'm not convinced it was Glenn. Yes, I know that Negan kills Glenn in the comic book. On the other hand, Abraham was supposed to receive the arrow instead of Denise. Therefore, I suspect that the producers may have preserved Abraham for Negan. Consistent with the comic books, the producers have shown a willingness to kill *almost* anyone. On the other hand, they have never killed anyone as popular as Glenn. With tens/hundreds of millions of dollars hanging in the balance, the producers might not be willing to polarize a significant portion of their fan base by killing Glenn. Abraham's demise is much more palatable to most. Makes for fun speculation. It will be interesting to watch the reports when filming of the next season commences . . . fans will be closely watching who shows up, and does not show up, at the Atlanta area film sites.
Well the producers have not killed Daryl and he doesn't last long in the comics. Andrea and Sofia were alive in the comics on the "Negan era" but they are dead in the tv show long ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff