Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Negan's Jacket

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Well the producers have not killed Daryl and he doesn't last long in the comics. Andrea and Sofia were alive in the comics on the "Negan era" but they are dead in the tv show long ago.

Daryl doesn't even exist in the comic books and i can't see them killing him in the show.
I agree with Superfluous, although it should be Glenn, i am pretty sure it won't be him dying in the show.
They tried to kill him sometimes last season and it was such a weak bit of the season i doubt they will do it again.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah it's too soon after Glenn's near miss. I think it's going to be Eugene after his revelation that he is a survivor......just seems like something the producers would do

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
As this has gone on to a general Zombie thread I thought I would chip in here.
Just watched back to back Dead Snow + Dead Snow 2. What better combination than Nazi's and Zombies can you really get, though I do think 2 should have stayed in the snow covered mountains with the Zombie Red Army and lost the Zombie Squad storyline.
Totally bad taste = killing civilians, women children, syphoning fuel using intestines and blood by the bucket load are when Zombie films are at there best.
They should not be taken seriously which is what Walking Dead did appear to me.
How about a new thread on Ørjan Gamst as Standartenführer Herzog and his leather coat

I know someone will point this out but thought I would get in first:-
The WWII Tiger tank had a petrol engine whereas in the fuel syphoning scene, fuel is drawn from a large passenger coach, traditionally fuelled by diesel.

Last edited:

RST1123

New in Town
It's true. I truly do love Schott and am the first one to praise their product, but that history line on their site is 80% pure bs.
I am not a schott fanboy so don't get that confused, I just need more information than "that's not true"

some evidence?

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I am not a schott fanboy so don't get that confused, I just need more information than "that's not true"

some evidence?

Wow fella, you'r pushing that, I can't offer anything to this conversation, it's just reading "I just need more information" takes it up a level to me. Like trying for a court case haha.
If I remember back to the 1980s Avirex had something similar with their take on the USAAF A2 styled leather jackets they sold in their history/catalogue book 'Cowboys in the Sky'
I have a Schott jacket with a Mil Spec label, but being a lumber foresters style coat with anchors on the buttons looks like nothing the military would have issued.
Jay Tee

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender

some evidence?

For example, Schott claims to have been putting zippers in their jackets years before the jacket type zip was even invented. The Wild One Brando jacket which they claim was made by a company, Durable, which they had no association with at the time and whose design has key differences from theirs. They claim to have invented the motorcycle jacket, when you can see similar waist length, double breasted styles made for motoring use going back to the turn of the century. Very hard to have "invented" something that had already been around for decades. Refined? Maybe, but there were so many other companies making similar refinements at the same time or before. These earlier jackets they had button fronts, but there were zip front one piece flight suits identical to what we think of as motorcycle jackets from the belted waist up (but again, since the separable bottomed zipper hadn't been invented yet, the split couldn't come until later). It goes on and on, and there are many posts and threads deconstructing nearly every claim they make about their history.
But, when you're a big enough company, speak with an authoritative voice, and do PR interviews with newspapers who don't fact check your false claims (and then are cited by other articles, books, etc.), it's easy to lead people into believing whatever you want them to.

some evidence?

Marlon Brando is not wearing a Schott. James Dean is not wearing a Schott. Peter Fonda is not wearing a Schott, nor has Schott ever produced the exact jackets like the one seen in these movies. Bruce Springsteen is not wearing a Schott, at least not on that uber popular photo of his... The list goes on, really.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see Dinerman's post prior to making my own. But yeah, their claim to have invented the MC jacket is downright silly.
Silliest bit is that they do actually have a very nice (hi)story of their own, and there shouldn't be any need to make up stuff like that. They should just let their jackets speak about the quality of this excellent company.

Last edited:

Superfluous

Yeah it's too soon after Glenn's near miss. I think it's going to be Eugene after his revelation that he is a survivor......just seems like something the producers would do

In order to meet expectations and stay somewhat close to the comic books, Negan must kill a sufficiently important character. This cannot be another trivial Denise type kill. Although Eugene is more central than Denise, he remains largely a peripheral character. Abraham is more central than Eugene, yet not as beloved as Glenn, and he was spared Denise's arrow for a reason. Therefore, I think a Eugene kill would not be sufficient, nor meet expectations, and an Abraham kill is more likely. The only fact suggesting it might be Eugene is his transmittal of the bullet making protocol to Rick.

ProteinNerd

Hmmm, some good points here guys. I say we give it another week of thought/speculation then all lock down our predictions in this thread (no editing lol) for when it returns.

I don't think it will be Daryl or Michonne. The actress who plays Maggie has been branching out into movies recently...maybe she knows her time is up?....would they kill the pregnant woman? Maybe Negan would think she is too much of a burden?

Superfluous

I don't think it will be Daryl or Michonne. The actress who plays Maggie has been branching out into movies recently...maybe she knows her time is up?

The actresses who play Michonne (Danai Gurira) and Maggie (Lauren Cohan) are both staring in an upcoming film about Tupac Shakur ("All Eyez On Me") that I am intimately involved with.

ProteinNerd

If you run into Lauren, tell her she is gorgeous and a certain Aussie has his wives permission for her to be his Hall Pass [emoji12]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff