Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Addition to the Family

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
Congrats on your new blessing in life!
It's an adventure that will take your heart to the most profound love you will ever experience.

Cheers to to your dear wife! The next few weeks will be all over the place but just know it will slow down and you will find a routine. I recall how a whole day would go by and I just kept thinking all I did was feed & change the baby, where did the day go?...lol!

Smiles & All the Best!

Caledonia

Practically Family
And another congratulations from this corner! Glad all are doing fine and dandy. A lovely month for birthdays too. :) Best wishes to all. :eusa_clap

nightandthecity

Practically Family
Still more CONGRATULATIONS!

jamespowers said:
I am actually surprising myself more than he is surprising me. I watched the whole C section and it didn't make me sick at all. [huh] I change diapers and it doesn't bother me a bit. I get a little less sleep but it doesn't make me tired or useless the rest of the day. Something must be wrong with me. :p I think fatherhood is curing a few ills (aversions to blood, needles, the operation channel and dirty diapers) that I might have had before. [huh] :D

Regards,

J
It really does make a massive difference if they sleep through most of the night. Our first and third were wonderful sleepers but the second…ouch!

Gory stuff is always different in the real world. I’m the guy who shuts his eyes at THAT scene in Alien but I worked quite happily in a hospital theatre for a month. As for diapers etc….never a problem with your own kid. Best wishes to you all!

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Congratulations JP. Having a baby changes your life, like turns it all around and reinvents it. But it so great. Enjoy fatherhood.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
It sort of does in some cases and not in others. My views haven't changed it is my sleeping patterns. :p ;)

Regards,

J

Believe me. I was thinking of sleeping patterns. :D

I had sort of forgot about this thread until today. :D Thanks for the additional congratulations. Everything has calmed down a bit here. Finally used to the new member of the family.
Boy can he eat at regular intervals. :p
That 14 inch head is now 15 1/2". I guess I'll save a few of those 6 7/8. At this rate he will be wearing them soon. :p

Regards,

J

Canadave

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
...That 14 inch head is now 15 1/2". I guess I'll save a few of those 6 7/8. At this rate he will be wearing them soon. :p

Regards,

J

That's hilarious. Only someone from this group would measure their newborn's head. :) (My luck, by the time he's 10 - and with his dad's large noggin - I'll be competing with him on eBay listings.;) )

David

Canadave said:
That's hilarious. Only someone from this group would measure their newborn's head. :) (My luck, by the time he's 10 - and with his dad's large noggin - I'll be competing with him on eBay listings.;) )

David

Heheheheheh! Actually they did it in the hospital. I just measured again because one of his hats that was too large when he was born fits good now. :D
I am saving a puny Stephen Stetson Straw that I love but it just won't fit me at 6 7/8. In a year or two it will find some use I am sure. I like the whole big head thing. It means he'll be smart enough to support me when I get to old to work. :p ;)

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko