Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Great sequence of photos. The jacket looks great on you, but on the last pic the girlfriend comes in and just kills it. Her expression says - "that is how you wear it".

Pandemic

One Too Many
Sir. Place the carrot on the ground slowly and step away from the pineapple.

Great jacket! Tumbled CXL was a good choice and will fade beautifully. My new Slim Fit J106 is very similar.

Also, I really like the Schott belt snap on Perfecto type jackets with a fixed belt. Since I rarely zip my jackets up, the dangly buckle used to drive me nuts.

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Really a great new jacket. I really like these Ridley's with a wester V yoke on the back too. Leather looks thick and is sowing excellent graining already. Live in it!

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
That looks awesome - the tumbled CXL looks really nice - was it easy to wear or slightly stiff when you first got it? Ive been thinking about something from Aero recently and this and the badalassi are the main contenders. The tough guy poses in the grocery shop are the icing on the cake. Bravo all round.
It's definitely stiffer than a jacket you would buy off the shelf somewhere, but that said, it's still extremely easy to wear. I once handled a CXL steerhide jacket at the Schott store here in Los Angeles, and that thing was an absolute monster. Just unbelievably thick and stiff and greasy to the touch. Looked cool, but I can't imagine it ever being comfortable to wear. This jacket from Aero is very different, and far lighter than a Thedi cowhide Niko that I ordered from Thurston last year. I'd recommend the tumbled CXL to anyone.

Last edited:

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
How does the buckle stay put? Did they add a snap to secure it in place?
Yes, I had them add a snap. My girlfriend has a Schott with a snap like that, and after observing (stalking) her in the wild for a few months, I realized that it made the whole enterprise far more wearable. I would highly recommend adding a snap to any belted jacket (even if you have to do it yourself to one that you already own).

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
Yes, it’s a feature on most of their premium jackets. I dislike it, personally. I either want the belt fastened or want it to hang like a greaser or a Ramone. The in between of “undone but in place” is odd to me.

I did like how Aero handled it on my Indian Ranger. The loop is fairly close to the buckle (which itself is less heavy duty than Schott’s current standard) so the belt mostly stays in place without looking like it’s artificially floating.

I hear what you're saying, and agree in theory, but I plan to wear this jacket pretty much every single day, and the constant flip flopping of the belt and buckle would drive me nuts. In fact, I tried leaving this one unbuckled a few days ago just to see how I'd feel, and to be honest...I felt frustrated and annoyed, lol. I shall snap and tuck unto death!

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
Gorgeous leather, great fit, good choice of pineapple as a weapon.
Re belt: I‘m on team snap and tuck.
Re who models it better: I’m a gentleman and have nothing to say. Now excuse me, i need to go to the grocer.
Thanks, man. I had Aero add a special pineapple holster to the inside of the jacket, so now I'll never be without my tropical fruit weapon should the need arise.

Last edited:

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
Love the last image. She rocks it. She looks like a model! Is that the sprouts in Claremont?
Yeah, I'm not going to kid myself and say that I look better in the jacket. In fact, there's a really good chance that I'll have to break up with her if she keeps wearing my clothes better than I do. No man should have to tolerate what I'm going through.

And no, but it's definitely a Sprouts. I had no idea that there were so many grocery store detectives on TFL. You guys are good.

Last edited:

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
Sir. Place the carrot on the ground slowly and step away from the pineapple.

Great jacket! Tumbled CXL was a good choice and will fade beautifully. My new Slim Fit J106 is very similar.

Also, I really like the Schott belt snap on Perfecto type jackets with a fixed belt. Since I rarely zip my jackets up, the dangly buckle used to drive me nuts.
Fine...I'll step away from the pineapple, but I'll never place my carrot on the ground. That's how you get infections, bro.

And thanks! I'm looking forward to the fade, but am definitely taking to the black CXL more than I expected to. I usually wear brown, so it was a gamble. I'm going to have to search your posts and find a pic of the J106 that you speak of!

Last edited:

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
Great sequence of photos. The jacket looks great on you, but on the last pic the girlfriend comes in and just kills it. Her expression says - "that is how you wear it".
Trust me, I know. Long ago I came to terms with the fact that when her and I are together, I'm always going to look like just another bald, broccoli-sniffing weirdo.

Last edited:

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
Really a great new jacket. I really like these Ridley's with a wester V yoke on the back too. Leather looks thick and is sowing excellent graining already. Live in it!
Thanks! I plan to. And yeah, I saw the western yoke on another Ridley here a long time ago, and it always stuck with me. I'm actually thinking of replacing the CXL belt with something a bit more western-themed once I have some time to search for one.

Last edited:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks! I plan to. And yeah, I saw the western yoke on another Ridley here a long time ago, and it always stuck with me. I'm actually thinking of replacing the CXL belt with something a bit more western-themed once I have some time to search for one.

I can get you the dimensions of the new old stock Garrison belt I have from the 60s; with the right western buckle that’ll sing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk