Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero style

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Just saw this on Aero’s sale page, looks pretty cool if you ask me:

14e62351c3026e5d0912513c9cc2e692.jpg

And this description as well. Apparently they have yet another new style in the making:

803958f4d45a61ad91eda0a1a6b4f12d.jpg

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=3733

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I saw that yesterday, and almost posted about it. To be honest, I prefer the original Bootlegger back. It's less busy, and looks more muscular to me. This one... well, I'd just stick with the original. Hopefully they don't retire it for this style.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I saw that yesterday, and almost posted about it. To be honest, I prefer the original Bootlegger back. It's less busy, and looks more muscular to me. This one... well, I'd just stick with the original. Hopefully they don't retire it for this style.

I fully understand that this isn’t for everyone and there is something to be said for the standard bootleggers simplistic back design as well. But what could be more muscular than having seams extend out into a V-shape from your waist?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Too busy for my taste, but I still think it's great Aero offers more options to their Half-Belt-range. I'm pretty sure this design will be a massive success in Japan, they like more elaborated designs there judging from their local brands.

Edward

Bartender
Ptp is exaggareted. 24.5" for a size 40.

The Bootlegger is based on the post-war cut; the original Bootlegger is essentially a 50s Halfbelt with a crossover front, so it's going to be a touch more generous in the chest. Especially useful for layer on cooler weather, though I guess if the waistband works out it would be possible to size down for anyone who wants it to fit tighter than originally intended.

Reactions: MET

MET

A-List Customer
The Bootlegger is based on the post-war cut; the original Bootlegger is essentially a 50s Halfbelt with a crossover front, so it's going to be a touch more generous in the chest. Especially useful for layer on cooler weather, though I guess if the waistband works out it would be possible to size down for anyone who wants it to fit tighter than originally intended.
I like this style but I do not like the baggy fit. A size 40 or 42 has enough shoulder width, 19-19.5" for me but 24 or 24.5" ptp is too large for my chest measuring 44". If I size down to a size 38" then 18.5" shoulder length is too narrow. I am in between. :)
A size 40 with 19" shoulder and 23.5" ptp is enough to layer a heavy sweater. 24.5" is off imho.

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Go for the slimmed down STF version. I have one in a 38 and it fits like a 36.5, if that makes sense, perfect for layering etc.

Reactions: MET

Edward

Bartender
I like this style but I do not like the baggy fit. A size 40 or 42 has enough shoulder width, 19-19.5" for me but 24 or 24.5" ptp is too large for my chest measuring 44". If I size down to a size 38" then 18.5" shoulder length is too narrow. I am in between. :)
A size 40 with 19" shoulder and 23.5" ptp is enough to layer a heavy sweater. 24.5" is off imho.

There is the Slimmer one if you want something tighter, of course. Depends on individual shape, really - and how much room to move you like.

My 40" BL measures spot on 24" p2p. I think 23.5" to 24.5" is on spec for a 40". My first two were also 40" and measured around 23.5". As @Edward mentioned, the 50's HB pattern is in fact cut larger through the chest. Comparing my 42" 30's HB to my 42" 50's HB....1.5"-1.75" more generous in the 50's cut.

I think they are going down the right road by making the BL more of the 30s cut...preferably with front drop too.

Is 50's HB exactly same cut as highwayman?
I don't think so. The HWM seems more boxy with the only taper being at the hem itself. The beauty of the HB design is the ability to taper a bit higher up the back, which changes the taper/flare at the hem. To me the HWM is designed to hit right at the belt, where the BL can extend a bit past the belt. A HWM needs to be shorter. The BL can go either way, but I think they look better longer than shorter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR